Charles

Author's Note: Haven't posted an A/N in a while. I hope you guys are enjoying this so far. I will take recommendations, and different names!  Anyways, Enjoy!

Charles's POV

I looked in the mirror at myself. My blonde hair, my blue eyes, and my fairly tan skin. I put on my white dress shirt and black suit with light blue tie. The reason I was trying to look so nice was because I wanted to impress my crush at the dinner party we were going to tonight.

Now, my crush is incredible. Her name is Annabeth Chase and wow, just wow. She has beautiful long blonde locks that go down to her middle back. She has a deep tan, and she is incredibly strong. Now the best for last. Her eyes. Oh, my gosh those eyes. They are a grey color that swirl around as if in a bucket of paint. It's almost as if there are gears behind them working constantly. Annabeth is always studying people, looking them over, as if she can't trust anyone.

I walked out of my bedroom to the front hall and my mother looked over my outfit. She gave a small nod and we headed out the door. OH, yeah. Forgot to tell you. My parents work with Annabeth's dad, Dr. Chase, so our families often got together.

Anyways, the car ride over to the Chase's was silent, and when we arrived, I helped my parents unload the car of all of the food my mother demanded we bring. The house was a decent size. It was white with a tiled roof and blue window shutters. I could see light in one of the windows on the top floor. I wonder if Annabeth is up there changing right now... then I immediately scolded myself for thinking that way, but I couldn't help it.

My father rang the doorbell, and Mrs. Chase came to the door.

"Hello," she said cheerfully. "You must be the Rothrock's. I am Mrs. Chase, Annabeth's step-mother." We greeted her and suddenly there was an ear damaging yell. My family tensed. "Don't worry about that. Mr. Chase is probably calling up the twins for dinner." We nodded, but the suspense still hung in the air. Mrs. Chase invited us in, and I followed my parents' lead of taking off my shoes and thanking Mrs. Chase for inviting us.

We all sat on the couch and made small talk when Mr. Chase finally entered the room. I frowned when I couldn't find Annabeth. I mean sure she wasn't here the last few times I came with my family, but I was almost reassured that she was here today.

"Mr. Chase!" I heard someone call from upstairs. Mr. Chase excused himself and headed to the staircase. I claimed I was going to hang up my jacket, but I followed Mr. Chase to see who this person was.

Sitting on the staircase was a boy around my age. His hands held his head in frustration. He had black hair and green eyes. Surprisingly, he wasn't dressed in anything fancy.

"She won't put it on!" the kid cried out.

"I don't know!" Mr. Chase exclaimed. "You know her better than I do!"

The kid looked up. "I have an idea, but she will be shooting you glares all night."

"I don't really care. Just get her in the dress and get her downstairs!" Mr. Chase called. The kid nodded and headed up the stairs taking them two at a time. I realized I was about to get spotted, and quickly ran back to the couch just as Mrs. Chase called for dinner. I sighed. As I neared the table, I realized that there were little name place cards neatly written.

Mr. Chase

Mrs. Chase

Mr. Rothrock

Mrs. Rothrock

Mathew

Bobby

Annabeth

Percy

Charles

Who the heck is Percy? Well, I knew one thing. It was that Annabeth diffidently was here.

"Boys! Percy, Annabeth!" Mrs. Chase called out. The twins, Mathew and Bobby ran upstairs right as the kid who I saw on the stairs came down with Annabeth. The boy was wearing a light green button down shirt with black pants. The shirt was pulled up, and he didn't look like he tried very hard to look nice this evening. The twins greeted Percy happily and sat down, NEXT TO ME! Yuck! Anyways, Annabeth looked beautiful, even though she was clearly not trying to send that message. She had on a grey silk gown. Underneath the gown though, she wore ripped skinny jeans and worn Converse. Her hair clearly wasn't brushed, and was pulled into a high messy ponytail.

Mr. Chase looked at the guy. "It was the best I could do," he grumbled. He sighed and dinner began. After the food was passed out, small talk began.

"So," said my mother. "You must be Percy." The kid nodded slightly and looked down at his food. "Um. So how do you know the Chase's? Where do you come from?" she asked clearly irritated by the lack of manners Percy had.

"I'm Annabeth's boyfriend. We met when we were twelve and have been dating for three months. And I live in New York." Percy said uninterested.

My mother looked shock. "You live in New York!"

"Yeah. I'm visiting Annabeth for the weekend," Percy said.

"And by the way, my mom didn't ask where you two met and how long ago and such," I said snidely.

Percy's eyes narrowed. "Maybe not," he whispered. "But she was going to." I looked at my mother and she gave a small nod. The talk began to shift away from Percy and Annabeth. I was silent and I watched the two of them talk quietly in some language I had never heard of. Eventually, Mrs. Chase began to clear the table with Percy's help. The twins went to play Legos and Mr. Chase brought my parents to an exhibit he was working on. That left Annabeth and I alone. She looked at her nails bored and I sat there admiring her.

"What?" Annabeth asked suddenly noticing my dazed stare.

I mustered up enough courage and said, "Annabeth, I think I might love you." Annabeth looked shocked, then really angry. She glared at me with her intense eyes making my body quiver. Then Percy came in.

"What happened?" he asked clearly worried about Annabeth.

"Charles said he loved me!" Annabeth screeched.

"What!" Percy shrieked. "You... you! Ooohhh!" Percy said his face turning red with rage.

"That's right. I love her," I said feeling my confidence rising. "I've known Annie my whole life. Not since I was twelve at some summer camp. You guys don't know what's good for you. This is pathetic young love. Annabeth belongs with me! Not some guy like you. Who reeks by the way. Seriously! Take a shower!" Percy fumed.

"Oh yeah Charles," he spat. "I may not have known Annie my whole life, but I do know things she has hidden from the world. I know exactly who Annabeth Chase is and so much more. I know the sacrifices, the deaths, and the betrayal that hides behind her eyes. And you, you have barely scratched the surface." Percy ended his speech with a long kiss on Annabeth's lips. And to my surprise, she kissed him back. Harder than I had ever seen anyone kiss before. I rolled my eyes and turned to play Legos with the twins. She'll come to me eventually. But little did I know that I would never see Annabeth again