Jess

Jess's POV

Sigh. I looked over at my crush sitting across the science room. We were patiently waiting for the bell to ring for class to start. So, before class starts, let me tell you about my crush.

His name is Percy Jackson. (The name is a little strange, but who cares.) He has the most perfect ruffled black hair that seems to be constantly being swept aside by a beach wind. And OMG! His eyes, they are a deep sea green and seem to be swirling around like a hurricane. Almost as if he had one burning inside of him. He didn't have any sign of acne like everyone else in the school, and he had a beautiful tan. Percy was strong and really kind and chill. He never seemed to have anything were him down. Except the past few days, he seemed far away. Percy and I were friends, but to him, nothing further. But I on the other hand had big plans. I literally had our entire future planned out.

Bring! The bell finally rang and everybody else filed into class. The science teacher, Ms. Falk looked up from her book. It seemed to be written in another language, Greek maybe? She was a pretty strange teacher. She always hung out with Percy for some reason. I always tried to rule out the girlfriend possibility, and I was pretty sure they weren't a thing, but still.

"Okay class, today we are having a pop quiz to see what you know about our next lesson, marine biology," announced Ms. Falk. I thought the subject was pretty boring, but Percy seemed to be really interested. When Ms. Falk passed a piece of paper and a fish tank, she whispered in Percy's ear, and he smiled. She probably wrote down all of the answers for him I thought in disgust. But to my surprise, Percy didn't have anything on his paper. In fact, Percy's quiz was harder. When I received my quiz, it was the same as everybody else's, except Percy's.

Twenty minutes into the class, I had two things written down; fish and algae. I took a glimpse at Percy's paper. It was completely filled out with things I didn't even think college scholars knew. Since when was Percy smart? I mean I know I like him and all, but it wasn't because he was smart. The bell finally rang and Ms. Falk collected our quizzes. She held Percy back. I pretended to leave, but stayed back to listen to their conversation.

"So Percy," said Ms. Falk. "Word on the street is that Annabeth is coming today!"

"Really!" Percy literally shrieked. "Thanks for telling me Megan. I'll tell her to stop by. Thanks again." Then he left the room. I snuck behind the corner and luckily, Percy didn't see me.

"Hey Perce," I said. He nodded his head slightly and headed outside to the bench under the tree. Percy pulled out a small phone. I was really shocked because it was a flip phone, not a smart phone. Who had a flip phone these days anyway? I headed towards Percy and sat down next to him. He looked at me, and his eyes seemed to be full of life than ever.

"So Percy," I began to say. "I was just wondering if you might want to go and take a walk and to the movies? Maybe pick me up around seven?" Percy frowned and seemed to crumble with guilt.

"You know I would love to, but," Percy began.

"Great!" I said. "See you tonight." Then I planted a kiss on his cheek right as a black car pulled up. The window rolled down and a gorgeous girl appeared with a deep scowl on her face, and her cheeks flushed a deep red. Percy's face flushed. The girl got out of her car and headed toward Percy clearly aggravated.

"PERSUES JACKSON!" she screamed. "Are you cheating on me?!" Percy tried to give a small smile, but it was wiped away by the girl's anger.

"Annabeth I can explain. This girl here, my friend Jess was just asking if we could go out, and I was going to say no, but she cut me off. And kissed me." The girl whose name seemed to be Annabeth seemed to get a little less angry.

"Fine, but you," Annabeth said pointing at me. "If I ever catch you hitting on my boyfriend again, you will never see light again."

"Chill Annie," Percy said. "Besides, Megan wants to see you."

"Wait, Megan Falk!" Annabeth asked clearly releasing some of her anger.

"Yeah, let's go see her, and let Jess here go," Percy said. Annabeth glared at Jess one more time, then hopped along with Percy to this person's class. I know I probably shouldn't be causing more trouble, but I had to follow them.

The two of them walked into the school and over to Ms. Falk's classroom.

"Annabeth!" Ms. Falk exclaimed. The two of them giggled and talked. I saw Percy sitting by the shark tank and he seemed to be in deep conversation with a freaking shark! Megan and Annabeth seemed to be laughing at Percy, and he looked over and smiled at them.

"Alright well Megan," Annabeth said. "We have to get going. Chiron is waiting for us."

"Okay then. I think I might stop by camp over the weekend," Ms. Falk said before they left. I ran into the bathroom, and waited until the two of them left the school. I looked out the window and saw Percy and Annabeth kissing deeply.

I heard Ms. Falk come up behind me and she said, "You know Jess, there are plenty of fish in the sea, but the fish named Percy, though a catch, has already been caught on the fishing line. It seems he has already been reeled into shore. You'll find your fish Jess, just, don't try to rush it, okay?" And with that, she headed off to meet with one of the other teachers for lunch.