6

I opened my eyes a minute later still safe in Niall's arms. As soon as I fully understood what was happening I quickly pulled back.

"Sorry...." I said quietly.

"It's okay Bella. You were just having an attack."

"I know... Well we should um...get going" I replied not looking at him and closing the passenger door.

"Yea...I'm sorry Bella. I never should have done that I know that you get those and I was being insensitive and-"

"Niall. It's really okay. It's not your fault" I said, still looking down at my hands.

"Okay" he replied starting the car and driving down his old street. The rest of the drive was silent, neither of us daring to say anything.

We pulled up at Niall's old house a short while later. It was a white, suburban looking two story house with light blue shutters on every window.

"You can leave your backpack in here" Niall said.

"Okay" I closed the door and we walked up the small walk way to his front door. He took his keys out of his pocket and opened the door.

The inside looked exactly the same as since I last saw it, but now on the left wall there was a row of shelves; I'm guessing for Niall's new One Direction awards. It had the same old comfy tan couches that I had known since I was a kid and the brown fluffy rug that we used to dig our small child feet into.

"Nothings changed..." I said quietly.

"Yeah, just as I remember. Do you want to go to my room or stay in here?"

"We can go to your room"

"Okay". We walked up the stairs to the second floor of the house, down the long hallway, and to Niall's room. The walls hadn't changed much but instead of his old twin bed a queen one was now in its place.

Clothes littered the corners of the room but it still smelled of clean laundry and cologne.

"So you do you even know what One Direction is?" he asked me with his corny smile on his face.

"No idea to be honest"

"Well pull up a chair young one and let me enlighten you" he said sitting down at his desk opening up his expensive laptop. I pulled up a rolly chair that was in the corner and sat somewhat close to him.

He looked over to me and smiled and I tried to smile back but sadly failed. It sorta came out as pursed lips curling up slightly at the end. I think he knew I was trying though so he accepted it. He then typed into the search bar: One Direction. Pictures of these five guys came up and for the next hour Niall showed me some of their songs, pictures, and interviews.

"So... that's One Direction" I said.

"Yep! But the real question is do you like them?" he asked turning towards me with that stupid grin again.

"Actually, I do. You're music isn't too painful to listen to" I said a real smile forming on my lips.

"I makes me happy to see you happy again Bella" he replied in a serious tone looking into my eyes. A long silence followed his statement before I broke it.

"Well shall we get something to eat? I'm sorta hungry" I said patting my stomach. I regretted it the second it came out because I don't like to eat, I just felt awkward and it was the first thing that came to mind.

"Yea sure! Wanna go to Nandos?"

"Sure"

"Okay let's go" he said getting up and grabbing his keys.

We walked out to his car and started the drive off with silence. I don't think it was the awkward silence that filled the car before. It was more of a peaceful silence. I think for once I wasn't completely miserable. I was just glad to have Niall back, even if it wasn't for long, it still made me kind of happy.

I looked over at his face where a small grin was planted. He looked over and smiled bigger. Before I knew what was happening I was smiling too.