Chapter One

She was stumbling as she tried to make her way home. Lauren Jauregui was the girl stumbling her way home from a party full of alcohol and weed. The jet black haired girl stumbled inside her house and made her way to the fridge in the kitchen. Lauren pulled out the gallon of milk from inside the fridge and started to chug it. Half of the milk disappeared as the Cuban put the once gallon of milk back inside the fridge. The lights in the kitchen flickered on and Lauren groaned and squinted so her eyes adjusted to the bright light. She turned away from the fridge and noticed her mom standing under the foyer of the kitchen. Lauren's mother took one look at the familiar drunken girl in front of her and signed, turning away from her daughter walking back to her bedroom and going to sleep. The girl groaned softly, immediately sobering up after seeing the way her mother looked at her. The green eyed girl slowly made it to her room and lazily fell on her bed. Once her head hit the pillow she was out like a light.

-

Lauren woke with a start. Sun light reflecting off from the open window. She squinted her eyes moving away from the light and shoving her face into her pillow. She raised her head to check the time. 7:15am. Lauren groaned and dropped her head onto the pillow again. Minutes later, Lauren gets up from where she lied and stumbled her way into her bathroom.

Lauren was a disheveled mess. Her jet black hair tousled, her eyes blood shot and her lips chapped. She signed at her reflection and splashed cold water in her face to somehow wake herself up from the miserable state she put herself in. Lauren slowly made her way towards her open window. Wind was blowing in and out through the curtains. The girl picked up the cigarette on the ash tray by the windowsill and lit it, inhaling the smoke going into her lungs and breathing it out seconds later. She pulled the cigarette away from her face and studied it. She furrowed her eyebrows and signed stubbing the cigarette on the ash tray. She brushed her teeth and walked out of her house and to her car.

-

"Hey Lauren!" The green eyed girl heard her friend call her from her locker.

"Hey Cara," Lauren whispered. Keeping her voice low as she adjusted the dark sunglasses hiding her face.

"Did you get fucked up last night?" Cara asked, a wide smile visible. Lauren squinted her eyes and raised her finger to silence her friend.

"Your so loud" Lauren scolded furrowing her perfectly sculpted eyebrows.

Cara shook her head, "it's just you." Lauren gave the girl adjacent to her a questioning look and closed her eyes feeling a headache coming on. She lightly slammed her head against the small metal door in front of her to rid away the headache that's threatening to call it a day. The girl shook her head softly and lift it from where it was resting.

She groaned and whispered a 'bye' and walked away to class before Cara could say anything else.

-

Lauren woke up in the middle of Marine Biology. One of the many classes she sleeps through. Her teacher, Mr. Jacobs, was standing in front of her lab table looking down and scolding her.

"Sorry Mr. Jacobs," Lauren yawned as the teacher shook his head and walked back to his desk in front of the class. Lauren closed her eyes again and opened them to hear the sound of the school bell ringing. A small smile was spread across Lauren's face as she jumped out of her seat and walked to her car.

Lauren soon arrived at her home. There was a woman leaning against her parked car in the driveway in front of the large home. Lauren parked her car next to the unknown woman and got out of the vehicle. The green eyed girl watched with furrowed eyebrows as the short but brave looking woman stood up from where she was leaning on the car and moved to look back at Lauren and crossed her arms. She made her way to be in front of the unfamiliar woman having a questioning look on her face.

"My name is Sinu Cabello. You must be Lauren," Sinu said with a thick accent as Lauren raised an eyebrow at the short woman. "Am I right?"

"Yes" Lauren's raspy voice was heard. Her tone is questioning, yet intrigued with the way the woman spoke to her.

"It's nice to meet you Lauren." Sinu greeted reaching her hand out for Lauren to shake. Lauren was hesitant at first but shook Sinu's hand nonetheless.

"I do not mean to be rude but, why are you here?" Lauren asked as nicely as possible.

"Oh, yes, I'm here to help you." Sinu spoke up, almost forgetting what she was there for in the first place.

"Help me?" Lauren questioned.

"Yes, help you. I'm sure you can figure out with what." Sinu explained shrugging her shoulders. A sudden realization came upon Lauren's face. She cursed under her breath repeatedly.

"You can't be serious" Lauren exclaimed throwing her hands up in the air in frustration. As if Lauren was going to get help for being addicted to drinking.

-

A/N: Hope you guys liked it. Vote and Comment what you think.