Chapter Eighteen

As the days pass, Camila, Lauren, Maia and everyone else in the facility have grown fond of Alessia while Dinah tolerated her. Dinah still thought that maybe just maybe there was something bad about the curly haired girl but every time Dinah tried to prove her theories there was Alessia feeding Maia or helping her with her clothes or even helping clean around the house after everyone. In everyones eyes Alessia was a blessing but in Dinah's eyes the girl was an undercover devil. Who knows Dinah might just be right. But with all the good Alessia had been doing it was making it hard for Dinah to see the bad in her but deep down Dinah knew, she knew there was something different about the young addict.

"Mommy, Can I get ice cream?" Maia asked as she tugged at Camila's sleeve.

"I don't know Maia. I'm a bit busy." Camila smiled sadly.

"Well that's okay Alessia can take me." Maia said happily. Camila thought about it then went to ask Alessia.

"Hey Alessia can you take Maia out for ice cream?" Camila asked as she took out a twenty dollar bill from her wallet and handing it to the curly haired girl.

"Yeah sure I'm not doing anything right now." Alessia replied taking the money and a hold of Maia's hand as the little girl jumped up and down with excitement.

"Yay!" Maia cheered as she pulled Alessia with her towards the car. Camila sighed and walked into the kitchen to wash the dishes from the night before. It was one of the addicts birthday and the house threw a party for the addict. This party left a mess for Camila to clean in the sink.

As Camila washed the dishes she turned on the tv, that was set in the kitchen for entertainment, to watch the daily news.

"...this just in, a new update on the inmate that had escaped Miami prison. The warden had alerted a full lockdown on the prison and has taken roll on every inmate in the prison. The prisoner that escaped Miami prison goes by the name of Cara Delevingne..."

Camila's eyes widen as a large glass plate falls to the ground and breaks. The brown eyed girl rushed to the tv and raised the volume not giving much attention to the broken glass on the kitchen floor.

"...we advised for everyone who lives in Miami to stay indoors and lock your doors as the police officers and SWAT team search for the dangerous inmate..."

Camila's jaw dropped as she processed all of the information. Camila then raced up the steps of the stairs to get Lauren.

"Lauren!" Camila yelled as she finally made her way into their shared room.

"What is it Camz?" Lauren asked walking out of the bathroom. Camila then picked up the remote and turned the tv on in their room, switching the channel to the daily news. Lauren watched the news as Camila watched Lauren. Lauren's face started to fall as the news went to commercial after the update.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked taking a step toward Lauren as the green eyed girl took me step back and asked, "where's Maia?" Realization had took place on Camila's face as she remembered Alessia and Maia walking out of the house to go get ice cream.

"Where's Maia, Camila?" Lauren asked again a little sternly this time making Camila wince.

"She's with Alessia getting ice cream." Camila said as her head faltered. Lauren gasped and rushed out of the room.

"Where are you going?!" Camila yelled following Lauren down the stairs.

"I'm getting Maia." Lauren unemotionally said.

"You can't go out there. Cara might find you." Camila exclaimed. Lauren then turned around and said, "rather her find me then find Maia."

"But Maia's with Alessia they'll be back any second." Camila reasoned. "Call Alessia." Lauren said walking into the kitchen and turning the tv on. Camila followed her wife and picked up the phone dialing Alessia's number.

"Hey, it's Alessia sorry I couldn't pick up the phone right now I must be busy or something please leave a message at the beep. BEEEPPP!"

Camila sighed at the voicemail and said, "Hey Alessia I need you to come home as fast as you can and make sure Maia is with you and be safe." "BEEEPPP!"

"What she say?" Lauren asked as she kept her eyes trained on the tv.

"It went to voicemail but I left a message for her." Camila said placing the phone down on the counter. Lauren exhaled a deep breath and stood up she walked over to Camila and engulfed her in a hug. The brown eyed girl sighed and reciprocated the hug.

"Don't worry they'll be back soon," Camila promised Lauren as the green eyed girl hugged her wife tighter then pulled away to look in her eyes.

"I hope their okay." Lauren wished giving Camila a peck on the lips.

"Me to," Camila replied hugging Lauren again, "me to." The brown eyed girl whispered to herself this time.

-