Chapter Twenty

Zayn spoke of his plan to get back Maia to Camila and Lauren. As Zayn spoke Camila and Lauren listened. They brought up a few ideas on how to take down Cara and Alessia which was included into the plan. This all hit Lauren hard mainly because this has happened to her and now it's happening to her daughter. She could really use a drink at the moment, but Lauren has been sober for over four years now and she doesn't want to relapse. But the green eyed girl is in a hard place right now and all she can do is think about drinking a nice bourbon and feeling the warm liquid go down her throat and her throat burning at the strength of the drink. Lauren ended up in the pantry drinking half a bottle of bourbon. The green eyed girl thought she wouldn't find a bourbon or any other drink but apparently Dinah had a secret stash of the alcohol, from way back when, that Lauren was extremely grateful for. This caused Lauren to relapse. But she knows she's only doing so she wouldn't feel the pain.

A few minutes later and Camila had realized that her wife was missing. She looked around the house but nothing, she then heard a creek coming from the pantry and tip toed towards the pantry doors. She opened the doors to see a drunk Lauren siting on the floor of the pantry with a half bottle of bourbon in her hands. Camila sighed and went to sit next to her wife. She then took a hold of the bourbon that was in Lauren's hands and drank it.

"God that's strong." Camila coughed.

"W-what are y-you doing?" Lauren stuttered trying to get the bottle of alcohol back but Camila pulled it away from Lauren's reach. Lauren then got up but got up to fast and held her hand against her mouth. The green eyed girl ran out of the pantry to the nearest bathroom and puked her guts out into the toilet. Lauren suddenly felt a pair of hands pull her hair back as she continued to throw up. Finally she finished throwing up and wiped her mouth clean. She leaned back against the bathroom wall and slid down it so she was now sitting on the floor, her back leaning against the wall. Camila did the same.

"You relapsed." Camila said.

"So did you." Lauren replied as she started to feel a little sober.

"I didn't drink the bourbon I made it look like I did but I didn't." Camila said with a smile spread across her face. Lauren huffed and got up. The Cuban managed to walk up the stairs without falling and made it to her room with Camila right behind her.

"So..Dinah and Normani are taking care of the facility while we're gone tomorrow?" Lauren asked as she got under the covers of the shared bed after brushing her teeth.

"Is this really happening? Is our little girl really gone?" Camila said as tears escaped her eyes.

"Shhh babe, our little girl is not gone. We'll get her back. But I do wish this had never happened. I wish that Maia is here with us and that Cara never broke out of prison but it's all real..sadly." Lauren expressed without trying to slur her words. Lauren then pulled Camila close to her on the bed and Camila sighed hugging her wife and resting her head on the green eyed girls chest.

"I wonder what she's doing right now," Camila mumbled into Lauren's chest.

"She's probably sleeping, like what we should be trying to do right now. Goodnight Camz." Lauren said kissing her wife goodnight but not falling asleep till one in the morning from all of her thoughts of her daughters kidnap.

-

"Good morning Maia. What would you like for breakfast?" Cara said shaking Maia awake. Maia rubbed at her eyes and looked to see her kidnapper.

"I want my mommy's." Maia said getting off the bed.

"Oh no honey that's just your hunger talking." Cara convinced or tried to.

"No! I want my mommy's!" Maia yelled throwing her hands in the air as she threw a tantrum in front of her kidnapper.

"Shut up kid!" Cara yelled as she took out her switchblade flipping it up to reveal the five inch blade she once used on Maia's mom, Lauren. Maia whimpered and backed away from Cara.

"Now we can do this the easy way or the hard way." Cara said moving the knife from one hand to another making the blade appear shiny and sharp to the young girl before her. Maia looked at Cara with such fear and nodded her head to the first option.

"Good. Now come along child you must be starving." Cara smirked placing her switchblade back in her pocket and reaching out to take Maia's hand. Maia hesitated but eventually placed her hand in Cara's. Cara then walked out of the room hand in hand with Maia.

"What would you like for breakfast?" Cara asked as she looked through the cabinets in the kitchen. Maia quietly sat at the island in the middle of the kitchen watching Cara struggle.

"Here let me." Alessia said stepping into the kitchen and giving Maia a small smile. Cara looked at Alessia and said, "I can do it, it's fine."

"No you obviously can't, because Maia over there is silently laughing at your struggles." Alessia said pointing at the little girl, who had stopped laughing when she heard her name be called, across the kitchen. Cara looked in Maia's direction and scoffed.

"Fine."

"Okay, now that that's over. What would you like to eat?" Alessia said placing her hands on the countertop of the island. Maia looked up at her and mumbled, "fruit loops."

"Fruit loops it is." Alessia smiled brightly and looked into the cabinets to find a box of fruit loops. The curly haired girl then filled a bowl full of the colorful cereal and poured milk into it handing the bowl to the little girl.

"Thanks." Maia whispered loud enough for the older girl to hear.

"Your welcome." Alessia smiled yet again and went back to make her own bowl of cereal.

-