Chapter Three

Lauren doesn't remember finishing that bottle of bourbon. She doesn't remember getting home either. Though she does remember waking up to water hitting her face. Lauren stood up on the green lawn getting soaked by the sprinklers. She was at her house. But how?

"How the hell did I get here?" Lauren said to herself as she got herself up from the ground. Before she could make it inside the house a car parked into the drive way with Sinu racing out of it.

"Lauren? What are you doing out here?" Sinu questioned sprinting over towards Lauren "God, your soaked. C'mon let's get you inside." Lauren walked around the sprinklers and followed Sinu inside.

"I don't know how I got here." Lauren stated looking back around at the sprinklers and the now wet lawn. Sinu furrowed her eyebrows at Lauren's response and lead her inside the house.

"Lauren, were you drinking?" Sinu was afraid to ask but did anyway. Lauren nodded not happy with the outcome of her drinking. Sinu signed deeply and lead Lauren into her room.

"Take a shower. Put some fresh clothes on and meet me downstairs when your done. We'll be leaving in an hour." Sinu said and Lauren nodded again making her way towards the bathroom as the short woman dispersed down the stairs and into the living room to wait patiently for Lauren.

-

Lauren was looking through the window of Sinu's car watching the other cars speed by. Before leaving Lauren wanted to make amends with her mom when she came home from work. And now with a lot of weight lifted off of Lauren's shoulders she's actually happy to be getting the help that she needs by going to this rehab and getting clean.

Before they got to the rehab facility they had to take out all the alcohol and drugs from Lauren's system and it was one painful trip that Lauren was willing to go through to be sober. Now Lauren is on her way to the facility clean of any alcohol and drugs. For Lauren it felt nice to be sober for she doesn't remember the last time she felt clean. Though her insides are still craving the strong burning feeling at the back of her throat when she swallows the powerful liquid of bourbon.

"Welcome to your new home Lauren." Sinu said snapping Lauren out of her day dream. The woman looked at Lauren through the rear view mirror giving the young girl a wide smile.

Lauren turned to see a large house, more like a mansion. The green eyed girl opened her mouth in awe at the size of the house in front of her. Lauren climbed out of the white Nissan Maxima clutching her black duffle bag in her right hand and looking up awe struck at the large house once again. Lauren couldn't believe she'll be living here till she's fully sober.

Lauren walked inside the mansion with Sinu by her side telling her everything about the house and the rules of it. Lauren nodded her head at everything Sinu was saying pretending to care as she was looking around. The house seemed to be bigger inside then outside and Lauren was in complete awe.

"Lauren, are you listening to me?" Sinu spoke breaking Lauren out of yet another day dream. "Uh-what y-yeah I'm listening, what's up?" Lauren stuttered.

"Ok good. Listen this is my daughter Camila, she'll be showing you around the house and will show you where your sleeping for the time you'll be spending here." Sinu voiced gesturing towards a brunette girl who was smirking,  looking at Lauren up and down.

"Camila, Lauren. Lauren, Camila. Yes?" Sinu introduced. Camila bit her lip nodding her head and Lauren gulped nodding as well. Sinu did a firm nod and turned with a satisfied smile walking into another room adjacent to them.

"Follow me" Lauren heard Camila say her lip still in between her teeth making Lauren shutter. Lauren watched as Camila headed towards what looked like the kitchen.

"So are you an addict to or are you helping your mom out around her?" Lauren questioned looking around the large kitchen.

"Yes, I am an addict here. I've been sober for a month now, that and I do help my mother out around here sometimes." Camila said resting her elbows on the counter and looking at Lauren. Lauren nodded her head a small smile visible on her face.

"Come, let me show you where you'll be sleeping." Camila said walking out of the kitchen making sure to sway her hips as Lauren followed close behind the small framed girl.

Camila stopped in front of a semi-large sized room for two. Lauren made her way next to Camila observing the inside of the room. One half of the room was covered in pink and hello kitty decorations while the other side of the room was unoccupied with a bed and a dresser for Lauren.

"Hi you must be Lauren, I'm Normani your new roommate." A dark skinned girl said reaching her hand out for Lauren to shake.

"Hi" Lauren said a shy smile present on her face feeling nervous because of Camila's staring.

"Hey Mani," Lauren heard Camila say giving the tall girl a high five. "Well this is my stop, see you around Lauren." Camila said showing Lauren her sexy smirk and flirtatious wink while Lauren whispered out a 'bye' in response.

"Come in Lauren. You need to decorate your side of the room now. And black is a straight no." Normani said gesturing to Lauren's side of the room. Lauren let out a small laugh. She's definitely going to like it here.

-