Chapter Sixteen

It came back to her in a flash. Lauren thrashed in her sleep. Camila wakes up to a scream from her wife sleeping adjacent to her. She was having a nightmare. Camila looked down to see Maia rubbing at her eyes.

"Mommy?" Camila jumped out of bed and moved to Lauren's side. The brown eyed girl shook at Lauren's shoulders vigorously to wake her up from her terrifying nightmare. She kept screaming.

"Mommy?!"

"Wake up Lauren!!" Camila yelled and she suddenly woke. Lauren's green emerald eyes fluttered open taking a large gasp in and releasing it soon after. Sweat beaded at her forehead. The green eyed girl crumbled into Camila's arms and sobbed violently in her chest.

"Maia, go to aunty Dinah and aunty Normani's room. Mommy will be fine. Go now I'll be there in a second." Camila exclaimed as Maia nodded her head heading out of the room.

"Are you okay?" Camila asked Lauren after she could no longer hear Maia's footsteps. Lauren didn't say anything but cry. Camila could feel her shirt start to get drenched in her wife's tears. Camila sighed and held Lauren tighter. The brown eyed girl will be patient till Lauren was ready to talk about her horrifying nightmare.

-

"She was hurting me," Lauren spoke up after a while. Camila had woken Lauren up from her nightmare at two o'clock in the morning. Lauren's voice appeared an hour later. It was 3:02 am. Camila stayed up with her wife since.

"She c-cut at my a-arms and chest a-and back multiple t-times. It h-hurt so m-much. The p-pain was un..bearable." Lauren sobbed into Camila's chest once more. It was now Camila's turn to cry. What was unbearable to her was Lauren's pain. It hurt Camila a lot more to know that Lauren went through all of that pain.

"Was that what you dreamt of?" Camila asked wiping a fallen tear from her face with her free hand. Camila felt Lauren nod against her chest. They sat there for a few more minutes until Lauren moved away from her wife's chest and rubbed at her red, puffy eyes.

"Are you good?" Camila questioned raising her eyebrows and placing a hand on Lauren's shoulder, giving it a light squeeze.

"Yeah," Lauren mumbled loud enough for Camila to hear.

"I have to go check up on Maia would you like to come with me?" Camila asked getting up from the bed.

"No. I don't want her to see me like this." Lauren said walking slowly to the bathroom to clean her face.

"Okay." Camila sighed leaving the room after she gave Lauren a soft kiss on her cheek.

-

*knock* *knock*

Camila knocked at Dinah and Normani's door waiting for them to open up.

"What is it?!" Camila heard Dinah yell from inside the room.

"It's Camila open the door." Camila huffed. The door opened and in front of Camila was Dinah.

"Is Maia here?" Camila asked. "No you daughter is not here isn't she suppose to be with you?" Dinah stated grumpily.

"I told her to come here an hour ago. Where could she be?" Camila wondered. Camila then heard giggling come from down the hall of the house. The brown eyed girl raised an eyebrow and walked towards the giggling. Dinah shook her head and closed the door behind her going back to bed.

Camila stopped at a door. She pressed her ear against the door and heard talking. The giggling had already stopped. Camila knocked on the door once. Seconds later the door opened to reveal Alessia.

"Hey. Have you seen Maia?" Camila asked trying to get a peak inside the room.

"Oh yes, she's in here. It was weird I heard knocking on my door when I just about to go to sleep. I opened the door to be met with this little princess." Alessia said picking up a giggling Maia and handing her to Camila.

"Thank you so much." Camila said. "Maia I told you to go to aunty Dinah's room did I not?" Maia nodded her head. "Is mommy okay?" Maia asked as she played with her fingers.

"Mommy's fine," Camila reassured her daughter then turned to Alessia and said, "thank you again. It looks like Maia really likes you." Camila smiled.

"C-Cara.." Maia stuttered out. Camila furrowed her eyebrows looking at Maia curiously.

"What did you say honey?" Camila asked. "Cara." Maia repeated.

"That's my last name. I don't know how she knew that Cara was my last name, but she's a crazy one." Alessia said bringing her hand up to mess with Maia's hair.

"Haha very weird." Camila laughed awkwardly waving her hand at Alessia and exiting the room with Maia in her arms.

"Cara." Maia repeated again. Camila furrowed her eyebrows at the name.

Cara?

-