Chapter Twenty-Two

"I'm bored. Do you want to have some fun Maia," Cara stated more then asked. Maia stayed silent as she played with her toy truck.

"Oh c'mon let's have some fun here I'll go first." Cara said taking out her switchblade. Maia winced and moved to sit in the corner of the room.

"C'mon Maia it's just the blade that I used on your mother once now I'm gonna use it on you." Cara said moving closer to Maia. Maia struggled and cried as Cara tied her hands and feet.

-

"Stop!"

"That's Alessia's car. What's Alessia's car doing parked in the driveway of this house?" Camila said confused as she pointed at the said girls car.

"Let's find out." Lauren said getting out the car and walking up to the front door and ringing the door bell. Camila and Zayn stood behind Lauren ready for what's to come.

-

*ding dong*

"Who's that?" Cara said moving away from Maia and putting her switchblade back in her pocket. Alessia suddenly appeared at the doorway of the room Cara and Maia were occupying.

"Someone's at the door." Alessia said nervously.

"No shit." Cara cursed and walked out the room to see who's at the door.

"How the hell..?" Cara whispered under her breathe as she took sight of Lauren and Camila at the foot of the front door.

"Let's get out of here and take Maia with you" Cara yelled at Alessia and the brown eyed girl did what she was told. Alessia picked up Maia and rested the little girl on her hip. Both kidnappers walked towards the back of the house and opened the back door.

"Get in the ca-" Cara didn't get to finish her sentence when Zayn suddenly came out of no where and tackled Cara to the ground.

"Go Maia run!" Zayn yelled as the little girl in Alessia's arms squirmed out of her hold and ran.

"Get off me Malik!" Cara yelled at the tall man as she squirmed to get free.

"No your under arrest Cara for kidnapping Lauren's daughter and escaping prison looks like you going to have a life sentence." Zayn cuffed Cara and pulled her up to her feet. He pushed her against the car and moved towards Alessia.

"And you, Alessia, are under arrest for helping Cara in the kidnap." Zayn said and cuffed the curly haired girl too.

Both girls gave up on fighting off Zayn and followed him towards the front of the house. There were police cars and an ambulance waiting at the house already. Zayn shoved Cara into one police car and shoved Alessia into another. Zayn then walked over to the ambulance where Maia was getting treated with Lauren and Camila by their her side.

"How you feeling Maia?" Zayn asked.

"I'm okay." Maia replied as the paramedic walked away to give the little family space.

"We were worried sick." Lauren cried hugging her little girl. "I'm fine mommy. I'll be fine." Maia stated confidently.

"So Zayn you didn't tell us you were a cop." Camila said with an eyebrow raised.

"I'm a detective and I was undercover so I couldn't really tell you." Zayn explained.

"Thank you so much for coming back and saving our little girl." Lauren thanked as she wiped at her tears stained cheeks.

"No problem it's my job after all." Zayn concluded. They all said bye to each other as Zayn got into his vehicle and drove off. Lauren and Camila held hands with Maia as they walked towards their car and drove back home.

-

Many days have passed since Cara and Alessia were arrested. Since Maia was kidnapped. Camila and Lauren were currently at Maia's bedside watching her. They've been doing this since the day Maia came back to them. They didn't want to leave their daughters side. Zayn had made sure that Cara and Alessia will stay in prison for the rest of their lives and the married couple were extremely grateful for Zayn's help.

As Camila stayed awake cuddling with a sleeping Maia in the little girls bed Lauren was sleeping in a chair that occupied the corner of the six year olds bedroom. Camila moved her head up to spot her wife stirring in her sleep. Lauren's eyes then fluttered open to reveal green eyes glowing in the darkness of the room.

"You good?" Camila whispered with a slight smirk growing on her face.

"Yeah," Lauren yawned as she stretched her arms above her head.

Lauren got up from where she slept and wobbled slowly towards where her wife and daughter lied.

"How my little girl?" Lauren whispered to Camila as she kept her green eyes trained on Maia.

"She's sleeping peacefully. Don't wake her." Camila warned raising her eyebrow at the green eyed girl. Camila knew of Lauren's silly ways and thought that she would wake Maia from her slumber instead Lauren backed away and said, "I'd never wake our daughter up from her sleep, not after everything that has happened."

Camila smiled lovingly at Lauren and looked down at Maia who was stirring in her sleep but didn't wake. Camila and Lauren admired their little family. With all their heart they loved each other and Maia. Nothing could break that love.

-