Chapter Seventeen

It was 6:00 am. No one was awake except for Camila and Lauren. Camila had put Maia asleep in her room and the her and Lauren decided to have talk downstairs while everyone was still asleep.

"What do you mean she wasn't in Dinah's room? Didn't you tell her to go to her and Normani's room?" Lauren questioned as she took a sip from her water bottle.

"I did tell her to go to their room but when I went to go check on her I heard giggling come from down the hall and I found out that she was in Alessia's room the whole time." Camila exclaimed. The brown eyed girl then sighed. She didn't want to tell Lauren that their daughter kept repeating the same name of the girl who kidnapped Lauren four years ago. But Lauren knew Camila wasn't speaking the whole story.

"What happened Camz?" Lauren asked shakily.

"It's just..weird that Maia warmed up to Alessia so quickly." Lauren pouted and nodded her head.

Bad Camila. Though Camila did lie she didn't want to tell the truth. She had a feeling the truth would trigger Lauren more.

"I guess Alessia's good with kids." Lauren said nonchalantly. "Yeah, I guess." Camila whispered biting at her lower lip. Lauren looked at her wife curiously but dismissed her thoughts and made breakfast for the both of them.

While Camila and Lauren were talking downstairs, Maia had just woken up and is now playing with her toy cars.

(Gender equality. Instead of Maia playing with barbies and dolls she's playing with toy cars."

"Vroom Vroom!! Skurt!!" Maia screeched as her little toy car stopped at a imaginary red light. The six year old then heard knocking at her bedroom door.

"Come in." Maia said going back to playing with her toy cars. Maia looked up from her pile of cars, that just got into a car accident, to see Alessia.

"Hey Maia I thought you might want someone to play with." Alessia said siting cross legged in front of the six year old.

"Aunty Dinah or aunty Normani were to play with me when I was younger." Maia pouted. "There probably still sleeping though, so you can play with me." She assured the curly haired girl.

Alessia then picked up a blue toy car and started to drag it across the carpet like it was driving on its own. There was another knock on the door of Maia's room that Alessia, not so long ago, walked through. It was Dinah.

"Aunty Dinah! Your awake!" Maia cheered happily as she raced to hug Dinah's legs.

"Hey baby girl." Dinah greeted picking up Maia and placing her on her hip.

"I don't mean to be rude but who are you?" Dinah asked walking towards Alessia.

"Oh, hi I'm Alessia." Alessia introduced reaching her hand out for Dinah to shake and Dinah did just that with her free hand.

"Hi Alex, I'm Dinah." Dinah fake grinned at the addict.

"It's Alessia" Alessia corrected. "I said that" Dinah said keeping up her fake grin.

"Now since aunty Dinah is here we can all play together!" Maia cheered again squirming out of Dinah's arms and heading over to her toy cars. Alessia shyly smiled at Dinah and turned around to play with Maia. Dinah looked Alessia up and down and furrowed her eyebrows.

"I'll be right back Maia you have fun with Alice while I'm gone." Dinah said already making her way down the hall.

"It's Alessia." Dinah could hear the curly haired girl say but responded with, "that's what I said."

-

"I don't like that Alyssa chick." Dinah exclaimed to Camila and Lauren who were downstairs in the kitchen sitting at the island.

"Who's Alyssa?" Lauren asked confused.

"I think she's talking about Alessia," Camila told Lauren. "Why don't you like Alessia?" Camila then asked Dinah.

"She be giving me bad vibes. I don't like her." Dinah mumbled grumpily.

"She's good with Maia. That's all I care about." Camila said and Lauren nodded.

"You're only agreeing with her cause she your wife." Dinah said upsettingly pointing her finger at Lauren. "You'd do the same for Normani." Lauren exclaimed pointing her finger back at Dinah.

"She's right" Camila said nonchalantly as she ate at her banana. Lauren and Dinah scoffed at the irony and laughed after realizing how truly ironic it was.

"I still don't like Alejandra." Dinah concluded.

"Alessia." Both Camila and Lauren corrected in sync. They all then laughed till they heard footsteps coming down the stairs.

"Hi, sorry to interrupt but Maia's hungry. Would it be okay if I feed her?" Alessia asked as she held Maia on her hip.

"Yeah sure." Camila said waving her hand off. Alessia nodded in approval and walked to the pantry to grab cereal.

"See, she's not that bad." Lauren whispered to Dinah who only pouted in response.

I guess Camila and Lauren are right. Maybe Alyssa isn't so bad.

"Alessia," Camila and Lauren corrected again. Dinah looked back at the couple and furrowed her eyebrows.

"Did I..?"

"Yep." Camila and Lauren said at the same time and laughed. Dinah grumbled cursed words at the two and walked away leaving the couple to laugh hysterically at the Polynesians mistake of saying her thoughts out loud.

-