Chapter Nineteen

"How's your ice cream Maia?" Alessia asked with an eyebrow raised.

"It's lit!" Maia giggled and Alessia chuckled. The curly haired girl felt her phone vibrate in her pocket and took the device out of its confinement. There was a missed call and a voicemail from Camila. Alessia ignored it and went back to eating her ice cream.

Everything's going as planned. Alessia said under her breath and smirked at Maia as the little girl ate at her ice cream. Once done with their ice creams they threw their garbage away and walked back to the car hand in hand.

"C'mon Maia lets go home." Alessia said her smirk growing wider as she started the car engine. She looked up at the rear view mirror to see Maia in the seat behind her singing along to a song on the radio.

They arrived at house, that looked freshly new. Maia looked out the window with furrowed eyebrows.

"Where are we?" Maia asked curiously turning her head to face Alessia.

"Were home." Alessia said as she parked in the driveway of the house.

"O-okay." Maia stuttered.

"Don't worry Maia everything will be fine. I promise." Alessia convinced holding her pinky finger out for Maia to take. Maia smiled brightly and interlocked her pinky finger with Alessia's and kissed it to lock their promise. Maia giggled and unlocked their pinkies. Alessia pushed open the front door of the foreign house and was met with the familiar blonde.

"Welcome back Cara." Alessia congratulated.

"It's good to be back," Cara replied. "Is this who I think it is?" Cara asked pointing to Maia.

"Yes. It's Lauren and Camila's daughter, Maia." Alessia smirked looking down at the six year old as the little girl looked back up at Alessia.

"Come here baby. I don't bite." Cara said as she motioned for Maia to come towards her. Maia stayed where she was next to Alessia.

"Go on Maia, it's okay." Alessia said giving a small pat on Maia's shoulder. The six year old hesitated before walking slowly towards the blonde.

"Hello Maia," Cara said as the young girl stood in front of her. "My name is Cara. I'm an old friend of both your moms." Cara smiled causing Maia to smile as well.

"I miss them. When can I see them?" Maia asked softly. Cara looked down at Maia and replied with, "Very soon my dear, very soon." Cara took a hold of Maia's hand and led her to a small room with toys and a nicely made bed.

"But for now, you'll stay here and play with your toys and Alessia will play with you." Cara said her smile never fading from her face. Maia picked up a large toy truck and started to drag it on the blue and green carpet as if the car was actually driving on it's own. Maia then crashed the toy truck into a smaller car and made crushing sounds. She giggled at her silliness and kept playing with the toys.

"Good job Alessia." Cara congratulated the curly haired girl.

"Thank you." Alessia said as both girls watched Maia play with her toys.

"Go. Play with her while I finish a few things." Cara said walking out of the room. Alessia nodded her head and picked up another truck and started to crash the new truck into Maia's truck. Maia giggled at this and kept crashing the trucks into smaller cars.

-

Lauren and Camila have been sulking in their bedroom for an hour now just watching the news suddenly the door bell rang and it was heard all around the house. Lauren and Camila raced down the stairs and toward the front door. They quickly opened the door to see a tall man with black hair and a slightly growing beard.

"Zayn?" Lauren questioned as she was stunned at the appearance of the man she hasn't seen since she was kidnapped.

"Hey Lauren," Zayn said nervously. "Can I come in. I have to talk to you."

"Y-yes of course." Lauren stammered as she opened the door wider to let Zayn in. He walked in and stopped in front of Camila.

"You must be Camila, right?" Zayn asked pointing at the brown eyed girl.

"Yes I am. Who are you?" Camila asked furrowing her eyebrows at the man in front of her.

"I'm Zayn. I'm here to help." Zayn confessed.

"What do you mean by 'help'?" Camila asked confused.

"I'm here to help you get your daughter back." Zayn admitted. Lauren and Camila looked at each other in shock then back at Zayn.

"What do you mean? Where's Maia?" Lauren said as she started to pester Zayn with questions.

"She's with Alessia," Zayn said. "And Cara."

"Cara? If Maia is with Alessia then how is she with Cara as well? Did Cara kidnap them both? Oh god my baby is kidnapped by the same person that kidnapped me. That crazy bitch kidnapped my baby and she's going to hurt her like she hurt me. No! No! No!" Lauren is now on the floor crying her eyes out. Sobbing non stop. Camila appeared by her wife's side and engulfed her in a hug. Camila's sweater was damp with all of Lauren's tears. Camila wasn't crying. She wanted to be strong for Lauren. So instead Camila cried on the inside.

"Cara didn't kidnap Alessia to. Alessia kidnapped Maia and brought her to Cara." Zayn said.

"How do you know all this? Camila asked holding Lauren closer.

"Because I used to work with Cara. This was her plan all along." The jet black haired man said.

"What do you mean you used to her work with her?" Camila asked.

"I was the one who helped Lauren escape. I brought her to that hospital I couldn't let Cara continue her torture on Lauren." Zayn explained.

"Who's to say your not still working with her." Camila accused.

"He's n-not," Lauren said jumping into the conversation. "I know Zayn. And I know he's going to help us get Maia back and put Cara and Alessia in prison." Lauren unemotionally said.

"And that's exactly why I'm here. That and to help you get your daughter back." Zayn concluded. He nodded his head at Lauren as the green eyed girl did the same back in finale.

-