Chapter Fourteen

Lauren kept a close eye on Alessia. She made sure that she got the same room that she had when she was roommates with Normani. Lauren saw her eighteen year old self in Alessia. Mainly because Alessia is eighteen and is sitting in the same spot Lauren once sat when she was eighteen and was freshly new to this whole rehab thing. It was almost like Lauren knew her, like the curly haired girl was one of her friends from high school. That's how Lauren pictured Alessia. A younger version of the green eyed girl. Alessia was simply a comfortable familiarity to Lauren.

The dark haired girl was getting ready for bed while Camila sat upright, her back leaning on the head board of their bed with her nose deep in a book.

"Hey babe, what do you think about Alessia?" Lauren asked getting under the covers and facing her wife.

"Who?" Camila said not moving her eyes away from the book.

"The new girl that entered the house today." Lauren stated. Camila looked up from her book to look down at the green eyed girl.

"The girl with short, curly brown hair? She's okay." Camila shrugged her shoulders.

"Do you think she might actually be okay?" Lauren pushed.

"Everyone in this house came here for one reason and one reason only. To get help. And to think that anybody living here is okay is an absolute understatement, okay?" Camila said closing her book and placing it on the nightstand, adjacent to her side of the bed, and turning off the light, that was shedding from the lamp.

"Okay." Lauren mumbled, ridding her thoughts of the young girl. But before Lauren and Camila could go to sleep in came Maia barging into the now dark room.

"Mommy! Mommy!" Maia whispered yelled climbing onto the shared bed.

"Yes, honey what's wrong?" Lauren questioned moving to take Maia into her arms.

"There's a monster in my room!" Maia shrieked. Maia didn't like the monsters that were under her bed or in her closet. The imaginary creatures scared the living crap out of the little girl. But what kid wouldn't be scared of such imagination.

"Don't worry baby, we'll see if there's monsters under your bed now. C'mon Camz." Lauren said turning back to face the mother of her child. But the green eyed girl was met with a sleeping mother instead.

"C'mon, we'll go together." Lauren huffed playfully rolling her eyes at her wife and taking a hold of Maia's small hand walking towards the six year olds room, that was across Lauren and Camila's room.

"See. No monsters." Lauren said lifting the covers to check under the bed. Maia looked at her mother skeptically and pointed at her closet.

"You want me to check the closet?" Maia nodded her head still pointing at the closed, white doors behind her. "I'll check the closet." Lauren mumbled. She opened the doors of the closet to be faced with, well, clothes.

"No monsters here." Lauren said closing the closet doors and facing her daughter who was now on her bed.

"Tuck me in?" Maia asked lightly with her illuminating, hazel eyes. Lauren smiled softly and moved to Maia's left side of the bed. She kissed the crown of her daughters head and tucked her in.

"I love you mommy." Maia sleepily said her eyes closing then reopening.

"I love you too, my beautiful butterfly." Lauren commented turning the lights off and leaving the bedroom door half open walking back towards her room.

The green eyed girl moved under the covers and wrapped her arms around her wife. Camila immediately melted into Lauren's body.

"Were there any monsters?" Camila asked softly. "No." Lauren whispered in her ear.

"Was she able to go to sleep?" Camila asked once more.

"Yes. Goodnight Camz. I love you." Lauren kissed Camila's cheek softly and nuzzled her face in the younger girls neck. Camila sighed and quietly said a night and an I love you back. They both soon fell into a deep sleep.

-