Chapter Fifthteen

Maia woke up the next morning tip toeing to her mom's rooms. The little girl opened the door lightly but immediately closed the door when she heard someone whispering a 'hi' behind her. Maia turned to see a girl with very curly brown hair.

"Hi, I'm Alessia." Alessia said bringing her arms out for Maia. Maia smiled shyly and wrapped her little hands around the older girls neck. Alessia picked her up holding Maia on her hip.

"Let's get some breakfast." Alessia cheered. Maia nodded her head adorably as Alessia started down the steps of the stairs.

-

"Lauren, we gotta wake up. We have to feed Maia." Camila mumbled into the pillow. "I doubt she's even awake." Lauren replied hugging Camila tighter.

"C'mon Lauren." Camila said lifting her head from the pillow and placing a kiss on her wife's cheek. Camila walked into the bathroom and brushed her teeth soon after she walked out to change. Camila could feel green eyes on her. The brown eyed girl turns and swayed her hips toward her wife, who was sitting upright on the headboard. Camila straddled Lauren and placed her hands on the top of the headboard. Lauren couldn't wait any longer and captured Camila's lips with hers. Their lips moving in sync as Lauren moaned in the younger girls mouth. Camila then pulled away and swayed her hips once more and left the room.

"Tease!" Lauren yelled and Camila giggled walking to Maia's room. The Cuban slowly opened the door to Maia's room to see no Maia.

"Maia?" Camila voiced walking into the room searching for her daughter. Camila sprinted back towards her and Lauren's room saying 'good morning' to the addicts that passed by her. She didn't want them to see the panic that was starting to show in her eyes. Camila opened the door and quickly closed it behind her.

"Lauren? Maia wasn't in her room." Camila exclaimed walking into the bathroom where Lauren was brushing her teeth.

"What do you mean she's not in her room?" Lauren said toothpaste smeared on her cheek when Camila barged into the bathroom unannounced.

"She's not in her room." Camila huffed.

"Okay, okay lets go check." Lauren wiped the toothpaste off her cheek and rushed out of their room following Camila to Maia's room. Both moms reached their daughters room in search of the little girl. She wasn't there.

Camila and Lauren made their way to the stairs thinking that Maia might be downstairs eating breakfast. They weren't wrong. They both walked into the kitchen to see Maia being fed by Alessia.

Relief flooded through Camila and Lauren as they saw Maia sitting at the island with Alessia. Lauren and Camila plopped down next to Maia.

"Baby, why didn't you tell us you were awake? We were worried sick." Camila said tickling her daughter. Maia squirmed in her seat and jumped off it running up the steps of the stairs.

"Get dressed!" Lauren yelled. The couple could hear an 'okay' in between Maia's giggles as she ran up the stairs. Camila and Lauren laughed softly and turned to Alessia.

"Good morning," Alessia smiled moving to get herself breakfast.

"Good morning and thank you." Lauren replied, a smile forming on her lips as she moved to wrap her arms around Camila's waist from behind causing Camila to melt into Lauren's arms.

"For?" Alessia furrowed her eyebrows turning to look at the couple.

"For getting Maia breakfast, thank you." Lauren explained while Alessia only nodded. As the young addict finished up her breakfast Camila and Lauren decided to get themselves something to eat as they waited for their daughter to come down.

"C'mon lady bug, lets go grocery shopping." Camila exclaimed picking Maia up and placing her on her hips. Maia giggled and rested her head on Camila's shoulder.

-

"Milk, cereal, bread, what are we missing?" Lauren questioned playing dumb as Maia giggled continuously.

"Oh yes! Were missing the waffles!" Maia fell over giggling to much because of her mothers silly act but Lauren captured her telling her to be careful.

"Stay here with mommy while I go get the waffles." Lauren said poking the little girls nose and giving Camila a peck on the lips as she walked away.

Lauren picked up two boxes of eggo waffles and turned around. She stopped her movements when she saw short blonde hair. And she was suddenly taken aback with the memories of the time she was kidnapped. Lauren dropped the boxes of eggo waffles and blinked many times before realizing that that was the past and she was now living a future that she never thought she'd live before she entered into the facility that practically saved her life. Lauren shook her head and slowed her breathing walking back to Camila and Maia.

"What happened?" Camila asked as she saw the distress on her wife's face.

"N-nothing. Did we get everything?" Lauren asked changing the subject.

"Yeah.." Camila said looking at Lauren skeptically. Lauren then gave a pleading look, telling Camila to drop it and so the brown eyed girl gave in and didn't ask again until later that night.

"What happened to you today that got you all shook?" Camila asked.

"It came back." Lauren murmured. Camila's face fell when she heard Lauren's voice falter.

"What did you see?" Camila nudged on. Lauren only kept her eyes trained on the floor.

"Flashes of her and feeling a pinch of the pain." Lauren described. Camila walked over and hugged Lauren tightly as the green eyed girl sobbed quietly in her wife's chest.

"Mommy?" Camila and Lauren turned to see their daughter at the foot of their bedroom door.

"Can I sleep with you tonight?" Maia asked shyly.

"Yea of course." Lauren answered patting her lap for Maia to climb on. Maia made her way to her mom's lap and sat on it.

"Mommy, why are you crying?" Maia asked wiping one of Lauren's many fallen tears.

"Don't worry about it honey. C'mon let's go to bed." Lauren dismissed.

Soon Camila and Maia fell into a peaceful slumber while Lauren couldn't. She stayed up till she could no longer bare the feeling of being sleepless and finally fell into a deep sleep.

-