Chapter 8

It had been an hour since Harry and I’s kiss, it was then that Luke had decided that to continue playing was a bad idea as he didn’t want his little sister to end up kissing the whole of one direction. Now we were all spread out across the hotel suit with Liam and Zayn squashed together asleep in one of the armchairs, probably the most adorable sight I have ever seen as they were curled around one another with little sighs escaping from Zayn’s mouth every time Liam ran his fingers up his back or through his hair.

In the other corner of the room Luke was sleeping with Niall’s head on one shoulder and Calum’s on the other, every so often Niall would twitch in his sleep meaning the others would jolt awake slightly. It was endearing to see them all cuddled up to each other, however it wasn’t a rare occurrence as Luke and Calum had always been scarily close and when they met Niall they welcomed him as one of their own.

Louis, Michael and Ashton had all decided ages ago to move from the hotel suite we were all currently sharing to their own separate rooms, as soon as Luke had started snoring. I was lying on the couch flat on my back looking up at the ceiling willing sleep to overtake me as I listened to the soft snores of everyone else in the room. On the floor next to me was harry curled in a ball with my blanket covering him, I had sacrificed my own warmth as soon as I heard him shivering drastically. I thought he was asleep however after my phone vibrated underneath me I already knew who it would be as I looked down at him smiling up at me.

H: Are you asleep? Xx

K: Yes! Xx

H: Liar! Do you want to go for a walk? I can’t sleep… xx

K: Sure, but we have to be quiet xx

Harry’s POV

The feeling of her lips pressed to mine was still there, just looking at her I wanted to do it again, I was desperate to kiss her again. The blanket that was covering me smelt like her, it was the most amazing intoxicating smell I think I know. Eventually after an hour of trying to sleep I texted her knowing full well that she was still awake, hopefully thinking of me.

After we left the suite we headed down the hall towards my own room in silence, but a good comfortable silence. To be honest if I could spend the rest of my life just in comfortable silence with her I would be the happiest guy alive. We were reaching the stairwell, as my room on the level below, I decided to be brave. Slowly I opened the blanket she had given me and unwrapped it from around myself to settle it on her shoulders whilst hugging her closer slightly. She smiled thankfully up at me before I took her hand directing her up the stairs, linking our fingers together and pulling her closer still.

“Hey.” I whispered.

“Hi” she smiled back, squeezing my hand slightly to let me know it was alright. When I question popped into my head.

“You okay? During Summer Love earlier you kind of disappeared I was worried something may have happened?” She shrugged before adjusting the blanket again. We had stopped just outside my hotel room.

“Everything was okay. It’s just that song’s hard to listen to that’s all.” I raised my eyebrows slightly at her confused; she said she loved our music. “It’s not the song; it’s just before he left he used to sing that song to me every night. It’s kind of our song, as well as beside you.” I nodded once thinking back to the lyrics of beside you, realizing the connections with the lyrics and Kayles’ past relationship.

‘Within a minute I was all packed up,

I’ve got a ticket to another world,

I don’t wanna go,

I don’t wanna go,

Suddenly words are hard to speak,

When your thoughts are all I see,