i

Nyx ran after the couple, quickly hopping onto their helicopter. "Nyx!" Harley wrapped her arms around her friend. Smiling, Nyx turned to the clown prince of crime. "What should I call you then, buddy?" She poked his arm, before giggling into the girl beside her. "You're Majesty? J? Joey?" She listed names, tapping her head. "Oh, I got it! Jester!" She declared, bouncing in her seat. "Can I call you that?" The Joker laughed his signature laugh. "Okay." Nyx giggled, before sighing. "I hate riding in automated vehicles."

Nyx put her head in hands, looking at the Joker. "You've got nice eyes," She pointed at them before gesturing to her own. "Mine are plain, especially when compared to my siblings." She started flick her wrist at her words. "Could we swap?" She giggled. "Your tattoos are also pretty." Nyx reached out, tracing the one of his forehead. "I've got one too." She turned her back to him, pulling up her shirt to show him her tattoo. "My friend drew it for me. He's got tattoos too. Batsy, of course, didn't like me getting it, so..." Nyx trailed off, think about her family. The Joker sat up as she mentioned Batman. "You know Batman?" He asked. "Yeah," Nyx said, "I don't get why you're so interested by him. He's kind of boring actually..." Nyx trailed off again, smiling into the distance. The Joker watched as she flicked her wrist, he knew it was a distraction method. After smiling into the distance for a bit, her eyes felt heavy, and she fell asleep, head resting on Harley's shoulders. "What's up with her?" The Joker gestured to Nyx with his eyes. "She exploded," Harley worded her words carefully, "And then she came back to life, except she's lost her memories. But she's slowly regaining them." Harley smiled at the girl on her shoulder. Admittedly, she was a little angry when she called Puddin' Mistah J and traced his tattoo, but she knew Nyx wouldn't take her Puddin' from her. "She's going insane because she keeps hearing her sibling's screams." She ran her fingers through the girl's hair, pushing her hair from her face. The Joker nodded in understanding. Pain and grief could drive one insane, it had for him. "She got any powers?" Harley nodded. "She can control plants, water, and air. She has also got this weird red power thing." That could be helpful, the Joker thought, and her knowledge of Batman. Harley had a nagging worry in her head; she didn't want the girl to go through the chemical treatment.

◊◊◊

Meanwhile, the news of Harley's escape had just reached Bruce. He was absolutely furious to learn that Nyx had gone with the mad woman. He blamed Amanda Waller for lack of security at her prison. He blamed Rick for letting Nyx visit the prisoners. Most of all, he blamed himself, for letting Nyx go alone to visit the dangerous villains. He knew that one day; one of the villains would snap and kill or seriously injure Nyx. He just didn't expect her to willingly follow his arch-nemesis out of Belle Reve. Bruce just hoped and prayed that the Joker did nothing bad to Nyx; that she didn't turn into another Harley Quinn.

◊◊◊

Harley woke Nyx as the helicopter landed, leading her out to the Joker's penthouse home. Nyx knew she was going to miss her family, but she was excited for this new adventure with the Clown Prince of Gotham and his Queen.