ii

Nyx tapped the marble breakfast bar she was sitting at. She knew that she had been ordered to stay in her room, but she was bored. Her room was bare at the moment; apparently, it used to have been a torture chamber the Joker used. She could still see some blood splattered on the walls. Harley was supposed to take her shopping tonight, well; it was more taking whatever they wanted instead. Grabbing a cup from one of the cupboards, Nyx quickly fixed herself a glass of water, before running back to her room. Hearing approaching footprints, she quickly downed the glass before throwing it out the window. 

Her door creaked open, Nyx turning to the sound

Her door creaked open, Nyx turning to the sound. "Hello, Nyx!" The Joker laughed. Nyx giggled before running towards the man. "What are we doing today, Jester?" She asked, using the nickname she had given him. "You gonna teach me how to block the voices?" Her hands twitched at her side. The Joker grabbed her wrists forcefully, pulling her arms up in front of him. "I want you to stop flicking your wrist to get rid of the voices." He instructed, running his cold fingers along her veins. Nyx hesitated before nodding her head, deciding to trust the man; after all, he had more experience being insane. However, the slight hesitation was too long for the man. "If you disobey me, you're not gonna get better," He started to dig his fingernails into her flesh, dragging them along her arm, watching blood come out of the scratches. "And I'm gonna have to punish you." Nyx nodded again, this time without hesitation. The Joker licked the blood of one of her arms before releasing them. "Good girl." Nyx smiled at the compliment, ignoring the pain in her arms. She turned back to the window, watching the sky-line, waiting to hear the door shut. As soon as it did, she brought her arm up close to her face, watching the fresh wounds heal. He's doing this to help you not hurt you, Nyx told herself, he doesn't want us to hurt anymore. Blinking away the small tears in her eyes, she sat on the floor, and, using her blood as paint, began to paint June on the window.

◊◊◊

Rick sighed as he crouched in front of El Diablo's cell. Out of everybody, his reaction was sure to be the worst. "Hey, buddy." He tapped on the glass, getting the metahuman's attention. El Diablo looked around for Nyx. "Where's Nyx?" He asked, concerned. Rick sighed, before repeating the words he had said so often today. "She's gone. With Harley... and the Joker," Rick prepared himself for the explosive reaction. Seeing none, Rick looked up, surprised. Tears were streaming down El Diablo's face; the only thought in his mind was how he couldn't protect her. "Why did she go?" "We think he told her that he could help her deal with the voices," Rick mumbled. El Diablo nodded his head, before turning away from the glass window. Rick sighed for a third time before leaving the prisoner to his thoughts.

◊◊◊

Nyx laughed and whopped out of the window

Nyx laughed and whopped out of the window. The Joker was driving the girls around the city to get Nyx stuff for her room. Nyx had forgotten how exhilarating it was to steal something. The purple Lamborghini served around the corner, throwing Nyx around the back seat, laughing all the way. Suddenly, her laughter died out as the screams refilled her ears. Nyx felt a familiar tapping on her wrist; she looked down to see her flicking her wrist. Feeling eyes watching her, she looked up into the bright blue eyes of the Joker. Uh oh, she thought as the car pulled into her new home.