xix

As night fell over Gotham city, Nyx waited for Rick and June to fall asleep. Once the house went quite, she took her bag and jumped out of her window. Running along the dimly light streets silently, careful not to trip to avoid losing her limbs; eventually arriving at her destination. She looked at the prison disguised as a mental hospital, angry at what the doctors used to her love. Nyx was angry when she eventually found her husband's grave, it was disrupted and ill-cared for. The gravestone was cracked in the middle, and the carved words were barely legible, even in the bright light of the full moon.

Nyx cleared her mind of the anger, focusing on the Joker's life force instead. She put her hands over the ground, white streams pouring out of them and into the earth. Slowly the earth began to break apart, the ghostly white hands of the Joker reaching out of it. He sat up in his grave, gasping for air that he didn't need. "It's alright. I'm here." Nyx wrapped her husband in a hug, kissing him softly. "You're alive?" The raspy voice that once haunted her now brought comfort, and she released him from the hug. "No, and neither are you." Nyx smiled at the dead man. "I have missed you so much." She peppered his face with kisses before helping him stand, only for him to fall back, lifeless. "Honey?" She tried to wake him, before realising a horrible truth. He couldn't live without her sustaining his life force, something that would drain her. She reached her hands out again and the Joker reawakened, confused. "What happened?" His pale hand wiped away the tears on her cheeks. "Why are you crying?" "I can't keep you here, with me." Her voice cracked in the middle of her sentence. The Joker nodded in understanding, before standing with his wife is the beautiful moonlight. "Well the let's have tonight." Nyx smiled sadly, before looking up at the moon. "I spent so long in the darkness; I'd almost forgotten how beautiful moonlight was." 

She looked at her love through her lashes

She looked at her love through her lashes. "May I have this dance?" Nyx extended her hand to him, waiting for him to take it. "You may." He said, accepting her and they took as they started to dance. Together, they danced in the pale moonlight outside Arkham; enjoying the moment, savoring the last time they would see each other, be together.