iv

Once again, Nyx found herself strapped down onto the bed. This time, she didn't know if she could keep in her screams. Forcing her mouth open, the Joker stuck a belt in between her teeth. "We don't want you biting off your tongue, now do we?" The Joker said cruelly. He picked up two electroshock wands, waking up the electricity in them. He turned back to Nyx, looking at her panicked eyes, and pressed the electrodes to her head. Her body spasmed violently as the electricity shot through her body. Her screams were music to his ears. 

The screams awoke Harley, and she ran to Nyx's room

The screams awoke Harley, and she ran to Nyx's room. Seeing it empty, she immediately ran to the torture room. Harley was horrified to see the girl spasming on the bed. "Puddin' no!" She yelled and ran towards him, trying to get him to stop. Two of his henchmen grabbed her arms, pulling her back, forcing her to watch as her friend was tortured to insanity. Eventually, the screams stopped and the Joker pulled away the electrodes. He gently patted Nyx's face, waking her. Seeing her awake, the Joker backhanded her. "You are never to do that again!" He yelled at the terrified girl. "Yes, Jester." She whispered softly. Harley was horrified to see the once proud girl, reduced to this. The Joker unbuckled the straps and lifted the girl bridal style out of the bed. "Come, Harley," He clicked his tongue at her, "We have an appointment at ACE chemicals." Harley slowly trailed behind the two, upset about what was about to happen.

Harley sat with Nyx in the backseat of the Lamborghini, trying to keep the girl awake. "We're here." The Joker sang to the two, laughing at the end. As the pair walked up to the top floor, Harley whispered to the girl. "I know you don't want to do this. But you must." Eventually, they reach the top floor; shakily, Nyx looked over the edge, looking at the bubbling chemicals. The Joker walked up behind her, and Harley turned away, not wanting to watch her friend fall into the chemical pit. "Now, are we going to do this the easy way? Or the hard way?" The Joker wrapped his arms around Nyx's waist, putting his head in the crook of her neck. She turned in his grasp, looking into his eyes. "Have I told you that you have beautiful eyes?" She put their heads together. "A girl could fall in love with eyes like those." She whispered, before taking Harley's advice and falling down into the chemicals below. The Joker laughed as he watched her fall, before turning to Harley, roughly kissing her. 

He turned back to the ledge and jumped into the vat below

He turned back to the ledge and jumped into the vat below. He lifted Nyx up bridal style. "Well, that was exhilarating." Nyx stood in the vat, looking like a goddess despite the gooey chemicals dripping off her. Her hair and skin remained the same, but they looked more nourished and seemed to glow. "Say, let's rob a bank!"

That night, something in Nyx seemed to snap. Gone was the girl weighed down with guilt and had too many restrictions and in her place was an insane girl who had no mercy. The Joker thought she was perfect, using her powers and sexuality to get whatever she wanted. Nyx was turning Gotham into chaos; she did whatever she pleased, not caring if the Joker allowed her to. Bruce and Rick were horrified by the criminal acts she committed. Eventually, Nyx had gotten too out of hand, so Amanda decided it was time to call in her backup team. She decided it was time for the Suicide Squad to return.