ix

Nyx's eyes snapped open as she felt a hand slide over her mouth. She tried to get her arms out, to fight the person holding her, only to find her arms were bound. "Nyx, Nyx, Nyx." The voice sent shivers down her spine. "No using your powers." The Joker taunted her from behind; he traced the knife up and down her back. "How are you going to get out of this one, sweetheart?" Nyx spin in his grip, so she was facing him. "Those beautiful eyes," she whispered, leaning forward, she kissed him full on the lips, while her hand took the knife from his. She then used the knife to cut through the ropes around her wrist. To keep the Joker distracted, Nyx deepened the kiss, arms snaking up around his. Suddenly she broke the kiss, and twisted his behind his back, pushing him to the floor. The Joker laughed from where he was; he was proud of what he had taught the girl. "You can let me go now, sweetheart." Nyx laughed, before giving him a hand to help him up. He grinned at her, and before she knew it, she was laying down next to him, laughing together. It was time like these when Nyx wondered if the Joker was really that bad, was he just like her, trying to find the path between good and bad, right and wrong.

 It was time like these when Nyx wondered if the Joker was really that bad, was he just like her, trying to find the path between good and bad, right and wrong

◊◊◊

Amanda Waller was furious. Her team was unable to fight Nyx after what she had done to them and the dehydration. Even Rick Flag was unable to fight. So she had to fall on her back up plan. Batman.

 Batman

◊◊◊

For the second night in a row, Nyx was awaked by a hand sliding over her mouth. She giggled in the palm of the hand. "Honey, you already know I can get out of here easily." She laughed. "Nyx?" Suddenly, Nyx stopped laughing. "Let me go." She demanded, fighting to get out of his grip. "Nyx, I'm trying to save you," Bruce whispered to her. "No, you're trying to play hero! Now, let me go or I will be forced to something I will regret." Bruce refused, trying to pull her out of the factory. Nyx let out a scream, alerting the Joker that something was wrong. Then, she stuck one of her hands in the air, red tendrils streaming out of it. The wrapped around Bruce, throwing him back. Vine started growing from the floor, trapping Bruce. "Nyx, don't do this." He whispered as she stepped forward, hands on either side of his head. She sent a pulse into his head, trapping him in a trance. Nyx looked up as she heard clapping behind her. "Well done, sweetheart." The Joker whispered into her ear. She spun around, ready to accept some praise. Instead, she was faced with an angry Joker. Uh oh, she thought. "But I told you not to use your powers." He backhanded her across the face with so much power that Nyx fell to the ground. She curled into a ball to protect herself as he started to kick her. "Get him off, use our powers!" Her siblings urged her. And what, make him angrier?, Nyx responded to their pleas. Eventually, the Joker got bored of Nyx, as she didn't scream or cry out, and got one of his henchmen to take Batman out. When he was gone, Nyx started to cry, for she had no one else to save her. It seemed that she was stuck with the Joker forever now.