x

Nyx and the Joker had moved again. This time their residence was an abandoned warehouse. Nyx had no idea how many abandoned places the Joker knew off, it seemed he was always searching for places like these, in case he had to get away. The Joker, without anything to do, used Nyx as a play-thing, making her dance for him or a target for him to throw knives at. He also had frequent mood swings, which Nyx had come accustomed to. She had to laugh when he laughed, she had to comfort him if he cried, and she had to be a punching bag when he got mad. Enchantress and Incubus urged to lead him to Amanda Waller, so she could chain him up or run away to Peru, where their temple was. They tried to help every way they could, but Nyx wouldn't budge from her spot next to the Joker. Incubus began to think that Nyx had fallen in love with the Joker, but Enchantress disagreed. She thought that Nyx enjoyed having someone to toy with, someone who was powerful. Nyx thought that they were both wrong. She just didn't want to go through electroshock therapy again. But, the three siblings were right in some ways, wrong in others. After one particularly bad torture session with the Joker, which left Nyx passing out, Enchantress decided enough was enough. She knew her old vessel was still alive, and was still connected with her, albeit a very weak connection, but still, it was there. While Nyx was unconscious, Enchantress sent a vision to June. She just hoped it would enough to convince June to let her back in.

◊◊◊

June woke up to Rick shaking her. "Are you okay?" He asked, hugging her to his chest. "No, Enchantress was in my dreams, again." "It's okay," Rick soothed, "It's just a dream." "No, it wasn't," June replied, she was still shaking slightly. "She told me about Nyx. Oh, Rick! It's so awful what she's going through." "I don't think she wants to come back." Rick sighed, "You know we tried to get her back, but it seemed like she didn't want to leave." "No, no! She does, but she's scared about what will happen if the Joker finds her again." June insisted. "Enchantress told me. She's got a plan." Rick listened to the plan, but was unsure. "What if she runs off again?" "She won't. It's her little sister. She just wants to save her."

The next morning, Rick stood in front of Amanda Waller, repeating the plan. She was distrustful, but there was nothing else she could do. All her other plans had failed and she didn't have anything else to go on. Besides, she needed Nyx. "Okay." Amanda agreed, "Bring her in."