xv

Rick, June and Bruce said their goodbyes before turning to leave. June looked back at the grave, only to see vines starting to grow around it. "Rick," She breathed grabbing his arm, "Rick, look!" She pointed at the grave, watching as the vines and flowers grew larger and larger. Suddenly, the ground around the grave started shaking and what looked like a twisted root sprouted from where the grave was. June went to grab the root, only to be pulled to the ground. "June!" Rick cried as he watched her get sucked into the Earth. He wrapped his arms around her, pulling her out of the ground, the tree root still stuck to her wrist. June looked at it, only to see it was a hand. She screamed and shook it of her. They started move back from the grave as the ground started shaking again. Rick and June gasped as another hand broke out from under the ground, eyes focused to what was happening in front of them. A figure rose from the ground, skin and bone decaying off of them. They watched in freight as the figure raised their hand, only hoping that they weren't going to hurt them.

 They watched in freight as the figure raised their hand, only hoping that they weren't going to hurt them

◊◊◊

The doctors were instantly put on edge when they didn't hear the screams that normally haunted them. They were put on edge when they heart monitors returned to normal and they were put on edge when the patients started waking up. Deadshot was the first wake. He couldn't talk because of his screaming and he gulped down the water he was given. He didn't complain about the food they gave him, he was too hungry. El Diablo was the next one wake, he too drank all the water hey gave him and ate all the food. Harley woke up next, immediately bursting into tears, calming down with Deadshot's help. Digger was the last to wake, attempting to punch his way out, but he was too weak. The group sat together, listening to what the doctor's said their condition was. "Where's Nyx?" El Diablo asked as he noticed the absence of his friend. The doctor's shifted uncomfortably, not knowing if they should tell them. "She's dead." One of the doctor's stepped forward, deciding that they had a right to know. At the news, Harley immediately burst into tears and El Diablo's face crumpled. Each prisoner felt that Nyx's death had left them hollow, and alone. When they were returned to their cells, the each found their flowers dead. El Diablo had only felt so alone in his life once before, right after he killed his family. Nyx had helped repair a hole in each member of Taskforce X, only they didn't realise it until she was gone.