xiv

Nyx's body had started to decompose, stinking up the hospital. The doctors tried to persuade Rick to bury her, but he refused. "Enchantress said that we just had to wait for her to heal." He'd tell them, and June stood by his side. The other members of the Taskforce had gags in their mouths, as the doctors couldn't stand to hear their screams. The other prisoners of Belle Reve were haunted by their screams, only wondering what torture they were being put through.

◊◊◊

Enchantress reappeared in front of her brother just as the walls started to move closer. Incubus looked up at his older sister. "What do we do?" He asked, as they couldn't heal her, that was their sister's power. "We try our best," Enchantress said, and they took turns on trying to revive Nyx. They tried turning back time, mind melding, reanimation and illusion casting but nothing would work. Eventually, they gave up, lying next to their sister where they would finally die in peace.

◊◊◊

A month had passed since Nyx had died, and Rick had to give up the fight. Nyx had to be buried. June and Bruce had worked out some funeral arrangements, but they were they only people going to the funeral. Rick was upset, believing that Enchantress had deceived him and given him false hope. Soon the day of the funeral came; Bruce and Rick came dressed in black suit, June wearing a black dress. June teared up as she read the eulogy, and Bruce had to take over as Rick comforted his girlfriend. They then moved to the burial site, watching as the coffin was put into the ground.

◊◊◊

Enchantress shot up from lying next to her sister, prepared to die, an idea coming to her mind. "Incubus, I have an idea!" She told her brother, gesturing for him to stand up. "What is it?" He asked, prepared to do anything to save their sister. "We exchange our souls, for hers, our hearts for hers." They both focused their life forces, projecting them onto to Nyx. As they faded into nothingness, they could only hope it'd be enough to save Nyx.