Roller Coaster

The wind whistles in my ears. Singing a beautiful melody as it carries me across the sky. I float among the clouds, reaching my arms out to graze the poofy, soft cotton candy like fluff, the velvety substance running through my fingertips. It's chilly, but the clouds radiate heat from the burning sun hiding behind them. A smile forms on my lips and I laugh joyously when the wind picks up, flinging me through the clouds as if it was a wild roller coaster.

I glide over the landscapes and cities that never sleep, always stopping for a visit if they catch my eye. But otherwise I never stay long enough for anyone to know me. I continue on my way through the sky, my eyes studying everything around me, as my mind wanders farther away. I am physically existing, as proven by my soaring body. But my imagination and thoughts frequently run away from me, constantly looking for more.

Beside me the soft beating of flapping wings roll to my ears, the small gusts of wind created by them adding to the adventure and thrill that lays on the tips of the silky feathers. I dangle from the edge of the birds wing tips, gliding along with each graceful thrust downwards, one which can make the feathers slide through your grasp, and sending you tumbling down. Or lift you up, towards the deep blues of the sky, where all secrets lay.

Never holding on too long, my fingers slip. The wind pushing against my descending body, strongly rushing my skin and stinging every part of uncovered flesh. I pick up speed swiftly, plummeting downwards. Interesting shapes being left in the clouds I crash through, my laughter becoming more hysterical as the ground nears closer by the second.

I wait for the splat that was sure to come, but only adrenaline and overwhelming energy pulse through my veins. Completely awake, and utterly alive this roller coaster is not over yet. As long as my mind seeks its high, it wont ever end. Who's not to say this body of mine is just along for the fun.