Chapter 12

Enjoy, comment and vote.
Thank you all for the support and comments, means a lot from the bottom of my heart.
*
Putting the last book on the shelf, Rosalinda pressed her forehead against the wooden plank and sighed. It was a long week, tests were a given and loads of assignments, they were simple, but time consuming. But the hardest task Rosalinda had was ignoring and suppressing was her thoughts of Leon.

He had not once contacted her in the past week, and it was killing her. Not only was she anxious to see him, but she was anxious to be near him. God only knew what the billionaire was planning behind her back.

On other news she was quickly zooming by her classes, getting the necessary grades to pass. The fall semester was always the quickest one; Rosalinda received a call from her mother, but ignored it like she did with Marsha's who tired contacting her using different numbers.

The model must be bored of motherhood already, since she had nothing better to do then call her at random times. Climbing down the ladder, Rosalinda pushed the cart back to where it belonged and decided that tonight she was going to treat herself.

Grabbing her book bag, she went to the school café and bought a small hot chocolate and small crumb cake. Sitting down at an empty table, facing the television, the news were being broadcasted live on the screen. Antoni, her mother's new husband made an appearance speaking about his partnership with Leon.

The thought occurred to her, Mr. Keller seemed to back off, once in a while they would engage in a conversation and then they'd part ways, nothing more. He must be either super busy with Leon and Antoni or he gave up. Rosalinda had a hunch that it was the first option.

Antoni actually called her, wanting to go out for lunch and she agreed happily. Tomorrow they planed on getting pizza, according to Antoni he was dying for a slice of something greasy, since her mother had him on a no carb diet. That made Rosalinda laugh, she was glad her mother cared enough to take care of Antoni. But so was hearing a masculine man whisper the word vegetables, as if it he were speaking about the devil.

"Put up the volume." someone yelled. A small crowd formed around the television. There were police cars and officers blocking the highway, lining caution tape to avoid the press from trespassing. In the far corner where the camera man zoomed in was, a black car flipped over with steam hissing out.

"It's tragic, the car drifted off the road due to unmarked road work. He is currently admitted at Silver Pine Hospital Center, we are waiting to hear about his condition, as of now he is in a very critical condition. Our prayers and love go to Leon Wyatt. This is..." Rosalinda didn't bother to hear the rest.

With tears of worry and distress, Rosalinda ran to catch the first bus into the city. The hospital was too far, but getting there by foot would take longer. And with luck on her side the bus arrived, it was pretty slow ride making Rosalinda tap her foot impatiently, as she roughly brushed her tears away. Her phone rang in her pocket and saw that it was Sherry.

Picking up, she pressed the phone against her ear. "You heard I'm guessing." Rosalinda said trying to put on a brave face, even though inside she was wreck.

"Yes. Do you need a ride?" Sherry asked with worry.

"Thanks sis, but I'm already here I'll update you later." Rosalinda hung up and ran into the lobby. Her mother was there with Antoni hugging each other. Marsha was on her phone carrying a prominent baby belly.

Antoni approached her, with a wobbly smile and hugged her. Her mother didn't say anything, she looked at Rosalinda with a straight face. Marsha walked up to her and glared.

"You annoying little pest. Go back, to your poor hillbilly cesspool you call a home and stay there. You don't belong here." She hissed.

Rosalinda blinked at the model's stinging words and slowly backed up, accidentally stepping on someone's foot. She turned around to apologize.