Chapter 27

Shoving her books into her bag, Rosalinda squealed when discovering a pack of baby carrots.

Walking out the lecture room with the small wave of her classmates, she couldn't help but feel giddy knowing this was her last year. Her hard work was finally paying off; of course, it wasn't in the best circumstances.

Jamie, currently held her captive, as he developed plans to torture a man he loathed, a man who Rosalinda was not only involved with but carried their child.

That about sums it all up. Rosalinda huffed as she felt her phone ring; Jamie was constantly breathing down her neck ready to drag her back to her room. The shiver down her spine caused her to almost drop her phone. She'll be damned if he ever tried that.

Jamie noticed her sudden weight loss and lack of motivation as a wake-up call. He called the same doctor and lucky for her the remedy was simple, she needed fresh air and a new scene. School was a must, the day he told her she was going back to school she was ready to kiss his feet. And knowing how sadistic Jamie was, he would make her. He is growing dangerously anxious and temperamental as the days passed.

At times he snapped at her for making too much noise while she washed the dishes. Jamie was scaring her, at some point she needed to come up with an escape route, she can't continue to be under the same roof as him.

"It took you long enough." He snarled into the phone. Rosalinda flinched as she pulled it away from her ear. "Are the guards around you?"

Rosalinda rolled her eyes. Of course they were, they were leeches. They followed her to the bathroom!

"Yes, they are."

Paper shuffling could be heard on the other side of the phone. "Get home, the cuff stays on until I arrive."

Dread clouded her as soon as he mentioned the cuff. Jamie was devious enough to dangle a collar around her only adding more stress to her. The cuff around her ankle was extreme, but it was better than a collar.

It was stupid of her in still being afraid of the thin strap, it was the choking idea of being humiliated again. But to her imagination she wanted Leon's kisses being placed precisely there.

She had no clue as to why, but she craved his touch. Maybe it was her hormones, but she missed him so much. Over and over she replayed every incident and with the amount of time in her hands, she was passed all that. Spectators would call her stupid, crazy even, but Leon was a broken man who needed her and she needed him.

She didn't care about his money or reputation. What Leon needs it to be put back together, and she can do just that. She can glue him back and make him whole. She was determined to do so. Rosalinda saw all the good in him and strength to push past the obstacles thrown at him.

Leon was her Leon, she couldn't care less about what others thought. She was going to find a way back to him. And a way back to Rey and William, she missed the crazy duo, it made her heart twitch at the thought of never seeing them again. That was her family, she wanted to see her family again.

What would they say when they saw her and the more than obvious baby bump? William would engulf her with hugs and shove her into his car to shop for maternity clothes and other baby necessities. What color would she paint the room? What will she name her baby?

Will Leon be alright juggling two children? Josephine being the bundle of energy she was, sucked the energy of others. She knew they were going to need a bit to fix their relationship, but now there was a baby on the way.

She didn't mind being a single mother till Leon takes his time to heal and reconnect with her.

A hand snatched her arm and hauled her out the main exit. Rosalinda tried prying his fingers off, only to be shoved into the sleek black car.