Chapter 18

This chapter has been in the works for a while I just needed to find the time to sit down and actually organize everything. With the semester ending it's going to be a bit harder for me to update. Thank you all for waiting and for the never ending support. Promise that the next one will be longer. Enjoy.

*

Rolling his sleeves up in frustration, trying to open a new can of baby formula, only slam the dammed can down.

Growling in frustration Leon took a sharp kitchen knife and stabbed the cover off.

He heard Josephine gurgle behind him. Smirking he walked over to her with narrowed eyes. "You think this is funny?"

As if she understood his words, Jo waved her little fists in the air and made a joyous noise.

"You're too happy to be my kid." Leon regretted his words as he heard them echo in his large kitchen. Placing the can down near the table;

Leon bent down and picked up his daughter. "Ignore that, I didn't mean it and won't ever say it again."

Josephine patted his whiskered cheeks with drooled covered hands. He didn't give one shit that he had drool on his face, all that mattered was keeping that smile on his daughter's face.

"You know, I really messed up." He said as she placed her on his hip as he moved around to make her a bottle.

Seeing Rosalinda was a mixture of emotions. He didn't know whether to be happy that she was ok or be angry that he allowed her to be manipulated once more.

It's not like she could help it. Rosalinda was just so damn vulnerable and that's what makes her so damn alluring. Seeing her hold Jo made his chest constrict; he made her feel things he never felt with any woman before.

Looking down at Jo as she curiously gazed at everything around her Leon smiled.

His daughter was the only thing keeping him sane. Whenever he and Jo needed separated he couldn't help but become emotionless and ruthless.

The same applied to Rosalinda. Anytime she was around, he would turn soft, while she would scold her for doing something she didn't like or something he did.

When they were together he would at times spank her for trying to control him, but inside he didn't care that she did. It touched him that someone like her cared for him.

He was nothing but a monster, and he let her get away. The one thing that was good and pure in his dark damned life, he had to fuck up. There was no possible way of ever getting her back.

The things she went through has her traumatized; her eyes lacked their usual shine and innocence. They now showed pain, fear, and vulnerability. She was broken and afraid; he understood now why his brother had been uptight the other day at the office.

Rosalinda was no longer his.

Would she ever become his?

What exactly did he want with her? First, he has to get rid of Marsha; the woman was nothing but dead weight. The only thing good that came from being together was having custody of Jo. He'd have to tell Marsha to leave the house as soon as she arrived home.

The team of lawyers he had recently met up with found a loophole, which now granted him full custody of his daughter.

He knew she wasn't his. But it was either taking her as his own or placing her in some strangers care.

Jo hiccups brought him back to reality. He was a father. And was going to try his hardest to be the best damn father. Starting with her food.

Pulling out the bottle from the boiling pot he tested the temperature and went to the nursery to feed Jo and come up with ways of getting Rosalinda back.