C H A P T E R O N E

Mysterious Shadow Men 

Why is life so unfair...

Currently I am sitting outside of my principals office because of a certain someone. That someone is my best friend, Rose. She somehow got into an argument with her ex-boyfriend and made me get involved in the mess.

Unfortunately for me when I started to get angry, the principal came and told Rose's ex-boyfriend and me off and told us both to come to her office immediately. So now I'm here, outside of her office, waiting for her to stop talking to Zachary so she can give me a lecture.

I slouch down in the hard wooden chair, the big white school hall was quiet because everyone was in class. The only noise that I could hear was chatter coming from the class room over from the principal office.

My leg started to bounce up and down in nervousness, never in my whole schooling life have I ever been to the principal's office. And well if I did, I wouldn't of been sent there for being in trouble, maybe like an award or something else. Not what I am here for now.

I contemplate whether I should leave and walk down the hall back to my class, but I know for a fact if I do then I'll be in more trouble. Curse Rose and Brandon, I don't know why that had to fight in the cafeteria and then bring me into it.

I wonder what Zachary is saying? Would he be putting it all on me? Probably not, he probably would be blaming Rose more than me. I wipe the sweat from my palms on my jeans, why was I so nervous? All I had to do was tell my half of the story and be done with it. Ugh, curse Rose.

Just then I hear footsteps coming from down the hall, I slowly look up and see a few students walking my way. I try not to give them eye contact, even though they were both staring straight at me and whispering. Guess they didn't think I would be sitting outside of here.

I soon hear Mrs Wilsons voice coming closer to the office's door, I sit up straighter as soon as the door slowly opens and her voice becomes clear.

"Right, well thank you for your input Zachary. Please take a seat while I talk to Chantelle;" She calmly says, her voice was her usual tone. Soft yet strict.

I look around to see Zachary sitting down on the chair opposite the chair I was sitting on. "Chantelle, please come on in." Mrs Wilson motions for me to stand up and walk into her office.

In which I do, she holds the dark wooden door open, as I step inside. I walk a few steps forward before I hear the door shut, I look around the room to feel it more dark and serious, than before.

Mrs Wilson walks ahead of me and sits down at her see through, glass desk. She pulls her chair forward before she clears her throat, "Chantelle please, sit down." She gestures to the tub chair on the opposite side of the desk.

I nod and slowly walk over to the red chair, I slowly sit down feeling tense. I really need to control my nerves more.

"So Chantelle, could you explain to me why there was a fight in the cafeteria between you and Zachary?" She asked directly, I gulp at the question.

"Um," I start "W-Well, Zachary came up to Rose.." I stuttered, she slowly sits back in her leather chair. "He started to talk to her, and started to whine for her to take her back."