C H A P T E R T W E L V E

Sweet, Fragile Kitten

"Where the hell are you?" Was the first thing that came out of Abbie's voice, through the phone.

"I'm out of town.." I shrugged, I open the front door and step out into the cool winter air.

"With Ace?" I could tell she would've raised a brow while asking that question.

I yawn, "Yeah.. and a few others."

"Chantelle what's going on? Why did he take you away from the party last night?" Her voice sounded worried.

"I don't know, to be honest, he won't tell me anything." I look around the neighbour hood, only to see fog surround me.

"Have you asked?"

"Of course I have Abbie," I huff out. "He's just stubborn, that's all."

I hear her sigh, "Chantelle, If Andrew finds out about this."

"I know, I'll be dead, I've been telling Ace that but he just doesn't seem to care." I soon turn around and close the door, so no one hears me from inside.

It was early that morning, around about half past six, I couldn't hardly sleep that well, so I decided to get up. Ace had already got up and was somewhere in the house, I don't know about Jhase, all I know was that I ran into Amanda this morning, so it looks like they live here together.

"You're just lucky he's hot," She said in annoyance. "When are you coming back home?"

"I don't know."

"Do you know anything?"

"Nope," I shake my head. "I haven't got a clue in the world."

"I'm really worried about you Chantelle. You know I'm not like Rose, makes a whole joke out of something like this. I know you're in trouble." She states.

I sit down on the porch's swinging chair, "I know Abby, but I'll be safe, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I know Ace will protect me.."

"Why? Has something happened?" She asked curiously.

"No." I spit straight out. "Nothing has happened."

"Really? That was a quick response Ellie."

"Yeah, well.. nothing has.. just stop it.. I don't want to think about that."

"Mhm sure.." She drawls out.

I groan, "Shut up.." I glance back at the door to as Amanda walking out with hot drink in her hand.

She smiles at me and I smile back, "I'm sorry Ellie, but I'm gonna be Rose for a moment, and say there should be something going on between you two. I mean look at Ace, how can you not?" Abbie continues.

"Abbie just quit it, okay? I gotta go, just don't tell Rose or anyone else about this. I don't want them telling the whole school."

"Fine, Fine. I won't."

"Good, I gotta go, I love you.."