C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - N I N E

◾   Big News

I pull some of the strands of my hair down the side of my face before fixing the bun at the top of my head.

I soon look into my mirror, I try to straighten out the black dress, Rose persuaded me into wearing, with my hands but it didn't want to work.

I huff out and just let it wrinkle back up, I look back up at my hair and try to fix it once more, knowing I didn't like it. Getting frustrated by it I pull my hair out and leave it out.

"Elle we need to talk." I hear  Scarlet's voice coming closer to the door. "Elle?" She taps.

"Come in." I say lazily.

The door opens and she walks in, wearing Andrew's long white top and black knee high boots. One thing about Scar, she is always gorgeous.

"Hey Scar, what's up?" I smile, she stops a few feet away from me and takes a good look.

"Why are you done up to the nines?" She raises a brow yet smiles.

I shrug, Rose's birthday party is tonight, I have to go."

"Oh right, well you look gorgeous."

"Thanks Scar, now what's up?"

"It doesn't matter, we can talk about it later." She looks down at the floor.

"No, you can tell me now. I'm finished getting ready anyway." I walk over.

"No! It's okay... go have fun with Rose. It can wait-" She crosses her arms.

"Scarlet- its fine.. what's really going on? You and Andrew have been secret since you both came back.."

I see her gulp and she looks around my room, avoiding contact with me.

"Scar?" I place my hands on her shoulders.

They've been quiet about something for a while now, I know it's their life and their secrets. But I really need to know, especially when it's affecting her and Andrew.

Her head slowly turns around to face me, and as soon as her eyes look into mine, I see tears forming.

"Scar.. what's wrong?!" I give her a concern look.

She bites her lip, letting her eyes blur through tears. "Ellie- if I tell you this can you please not tell anyone else?"

I nod, "Of course.."

She breathes in, I let my hands drop from her shoulders, she walks slowly over to my bed before sitting at the edge.

I soon follow her footsteps and sit next to her, waiting for her to tell me.

She fiddles with both of her hands as she looks at them.

"I'm all ears.." I tell her.

She slowly nods, "I know you've tried to get this out of Andrew, but I've told him that it's my problem and I should tell you-"