C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - T H R E E

Swarm of nervous butterflies

My vision was blurry as the guy held my waist so I wouldn't fall off his shoulder. I tried to wiggle out of his grip, but failed.

"Let go of me you creep!"I shout, I punch his back with my fists.

But it was like this guy had no emotion and was like a brick wall. I continued to scream, kick, punch and wiggle trying to somehow get out of his grip and run away. But the more I tried the tougher his grip got.

"Put her down here." Baseball bat guy demands the guy.

He does as he was told and forcefully dropped me into a old wooden chair. Before I could do anything, the guy ties my wrists and ankles with rope. I once again try to get myself free, but there's still no use.

I was in a panic, my anxiety was sky rocketing every second, what did they want? Why kidnap me?!

The guy walks away after he tied me, I finally look up and come face to face with baseball bat guy. He placed some of his belongings on a old table that was just across from the chair.

I make myself look around the room, taking in all of my surroundings, we were in a big dark room, there was only a few small lights up on the high ceiling. But not enough to see properly.

I felt like I was in one of those rooms, where a police interrogate people in, but this - of course - is different.

I gulp when I notice it wasn't just Baseball bat guy, one of the minions and I in the room. There was three more big built guys here too. Two standing at the door, guarding it, and one on the other side of the room, maybe there just to help, I don't know.

"Thanks Chris, you may leave now." Baseball bat guy said, I quickly look back around.

Chris nods and walks to the door before leaving, my eyes stayed staring at baseball bat guy. His movements were slow yet shift, he leant against the table so he could be face to face with me. My conscious was screaming at me, telling me to say something.

But no words were forming and my throat was dry, I didn't want to be here.

"Don't be frightened Princess, I only wanna talk." He suddenly speaks to me, I gulp even harder.

He looks away and at the men that were around, he doesn't say anything he just nod and somehow they knew what he meant. Because they soon exited the room. Leaving me and him alone, which scared the absolute jitters out of me.

"I'm guessing you're confused to why you're here and who I am." I nod as a response, he shifts his weight. "Well you'd probably know me better as Maxwell.."

Even more frighten than I was before I gulp once more. So this is the guy Ace and the others have been talking about. What does he want with me then?

"But you can call Dante." He gives me a small grin, I still don't say anything, I just wanted to go home, I needed to see if Ace was okay.

Ace.. Maxwell hit him pretty hard over the head, I hope he hasn't got concussion.

"You seem to be lost for words Princess." He crosses his arms, "You don't need to worry." He assures me once again.