C H A P T E R T H I R T Y - F O U R

Must be nice

"You going to get up?" Andrew asked me as he stood at the end of my bed, giving me brotherly treatment.

"No." I groan against the pillow my head was laying on.

"Chantelle just tell me if you don't want to go to school and I'll ring the office." He tells me.

I sit up, trying to ignore the headache, but failing miserable. "I have to go."

He shakes his head, "No you don't."

"Andrew–"

"Te, I know you're probably not doing your best in school right now. But wouldn't it be better staying home and resting, rather than going to school and trying to focus with a bad headache?"

"Yeah..." I huff out.

"Then it's settled, lay back down and I'll ring the office." He points to the pillow.

"Thank you." I smile at him, before resting my head against the pillow.

He smiles back, "It's okay, if you need anything just shout."

"Will do, boss." I solute.

He laughs at my remark, before he leaves my room and goes to call the school.

It was the following week after the whole party and/or maxwell's kidnapping. I hadn't been sleeping well after that night, to know that Maxwell is still out there with his men, and that he shot two innocent girls.

It made me sick. Mentally and physically. My head wasn't coping with anything that had been going on, and I had been sick for the past two days.

That's why I'm supposedly not going to school, Andrew doesn't know what happened and doesn't need to know. The last thing I need is for him to worry about my problems, even though he kind of already is.

He just thinks I came down with something, and that I had a great time at the party, which is all a lie.

I don't know why I'm sick all of a sudden though, maybe it's the thought of what Maxwell did, or maybe I catch something off of someone or that old building.

Who knows, what I do know though is that if I don't get any better by tomorrow I'll have to go see a doctor and won't that be fun.

Abbie has been in touch with me, seeing if I'm all good and whatever. I've asked about Rose, and she said she's doing fine but hasn't forgave me over that whole birthday party, gate crash thing. But I suppose it's her life, she makes the decisions. Exactly like me.

I had wrapped my head around a lot of things, while I sat in my room, and my mind has kind of accepted everything that has happened. To a certain point though, something's I'm still confused about.

I hadn't heard from Ace since the day after Jhase's drama filled birthday, he had messaged and said that he's going to sort this.. crap out, and that I don't need to worry about it. But you know me, I like to worry.

But anyway, that's my life, full of fun experiences, wouldn't my mother be proud?

"Hey sleepy-head." Scarlett's voice comes through the door, as she opened it and walked slowly through.