C H A P T E R T W E N T Y - S I X

I don't need your help 

"Holy shit," Rose curses as she looks at the calendar hanging up on her wall. "My birthday is next week!" Before she squeals.

I look around at her from her bed to see she jumps up a little from her desk chair. She's always the one to be excited over little things;

"Are you okay there? Are you dying?" I sarcastically say, raising my eyebrow.

She rolls her eyes and stands up, "Ha ha very funny. But seriously Ellie, I'm going to be seventeen, I'm nearly an adult, holy shit!... I am an adult." She paces, hyperventilating.

"Rose it's not a big deal okay, imagine the more personal space you'll get, you'll be able to do what ever you want to do. You'll be your own individual." I state, sarcasm still stayed on the tip of my tongue as I smirked at her.

"Okay.. president of Washington.. no need to get all adult-ly." She pushes my shoulder as she sits beside me on her bed.

I laugh, "Sorry."

Silence drawls out betweens us, she lays back on the bed and looks up at the ceiling. I look down at my lap as I yawn out my tiredness.

"Isn't Reece going on that date with Veronica today?" She asks, I hum in response, "I don't know what he sees in her."

I look down, "Rose, he's going on this date so the rumours stop. Not because he wants too." I state.

She gives me a shocked look, before she sits up, "Well he's a generous friend."

"He sure is, he really didn't need to go on this date." I smile, trying not to be fully amused by the fact that Reece could be sitting up with Veronica trying to avoid her kisses because of me.

"Mm, he's always been good like that." Rose nods, I watch her look down at the ground.

"Why did you ask anyway?" I furrow my eyebrows.

"No reason!" She straightens her posture, "I'm just.. I just want to know so I can make fun of it when I talk to him later."

"Mhm sure.." I tease, nudging her arm.

"Shut up," She scoffs, she stands up and walks to her walk-in closet. "Since when do you tease people about boys anyway?" She asks.

I put my head down and decide not to answer that question, only because I really didn't know, I'm not myself now-a-days.

"What are you doing?" I say, changing the subject.

"Well... I'm kind of... getting ready.. for tonight." Her voice muffled inside of the closet, but I understood what she was saying.

"What's happening tonight?"

"Beach party... I'm invited." She walks out, holding a white, almost see through dress. She presses against her body as she looked in the mirror.

"Beach party? Who's party is this?" I ask, probably sounding like a mom.

She scrunches her nose up and turns around, she walks back in closet while she throws the dress on the bed.