Family

I giggle happily as I chase Alex, grabbing at his fluffy tail and watching his wolf playfully nudge me.
"Geminie leave your brother alone." My daddy says and I pout at him, a smile returning to my face as my brother licks my face.

"But daddy, Alex and I are playing." I answer back as I cling to my brother's side.

I was seven and my brother was fifteen, but we were close.
With a soft smile my mommy comes and picks me up, tucking a strand of white hair behind my ear and tickling me.

"Gem, Alex is a future Beta, he needs to train and protect Mika, not you." She states. My mommy always told me stuff like this. Its like she hated me.

"But I'm his sister, he should protect me too." I whine out, feeling the feet beneath me move and a slap to my face bringing me to the ground.

"Mika is more important then you." My mommy states mad at me and I whimper, tears falling down my face as I turn and run away, hating my mommy.

"Geminie!" Daddy shouts for me but I knew where to go so no one can track me. Alex taught me how.

I headed to the river and steped into the watter until it was up to my knees, running down the stream until I found the waterfall that hid the hidden valley. No one knew this spot as I ran around to the other side of the waterfall, keeping in the shallow stream until the soft grass of the valley comes into view and warm sun fills my vision.

I hated my parents. It was always about the futre Alpha and Alex but never about me.

Climbing down the soft flower filled hills I wipe angrily at my tears and head to the willow that always hid me from view. This was my happy place.
"Gem, who hurt you this time?" A soft voice fills my ear as I sit down against the tree.

"My parents as usual." I whimper out, being picked up in strong but soft arms.

"Don't worry little one. One day everything will become good one day and you will be happy." I nodd and burry my face into the chest of Lizaris, the elf that guarded the forest.

I stayed and talked to her, crying until I felt better and was sleepy from the energy I used. I wanted to stay in the valley but knew I couldn't because soulless could come and kill us and Lizaris had the unicorns to protect. I was the only were wolf allowed and I always made sure to keep this place hidden.

"Go to sleep little one and you'll wake up back home." Lizaris says as I yawn, sleep taking over.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"Geminie, is this where you've been all this time?" Alex's voice fills my ears and I look up sleepily to see my brother staring at me huddled in the corner of his closet.

"Yeah." I say quietly, the lie coming easily now.

"I told them you would be here, you always are when you run off." He chuckles and picks me up, tugging my hair slightly.

"Well better get you to bed. Its a long day tomorrow since the Alpha and Luna are taking you on a picnic with Mika and Lace." Alex adds as he carries me to my room and tucks me in.

"And between me and you, you're more important then Mika, you're my wittle itty bitty sissy." He whispers and I giggle before we say good night and I am left in my room alone.