Shifted

Days had past since I had found out Mika was my mate and I spent it in a blurry burning haze as my body burned insanely, my skin rippling like waves.

"Hang on Gem, I'm taking you to the temple of the Godess. They should be able to help you." Alex whispers again. I didn't care, I just wanted to be dead right now.

Time slipped by and soon I was having a hard time deciphering reality and my own imagination until something cool touched my skin and I felt evening that weighed me down evaporate as I relax peacefully, a tranquil sleep taking me away.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"Are you sure?" A voice whispers nearby, causing me to become conciouse.

"Yes her shoulder has the mark. We have been searching for almost eighteen years." Another whispers and I groan, opening my eyes to see a stunning woman with long raven hair stand above me while my brother rushes to his feet and take my hand.

"Hey Gemie, how are you feeling?" He asks and I smile.

"Better, now what about this marm?" I asked, feeling my throat was normal and I felt amazing as I stretched, realizing I was naked, panic settling in.

"Hey Gem, calm down you're fine. You just shifted and you're safe." Alex rushes in and I guess I looked confused because he smiles and continues.

"The pain of the Rejection was so great that it kick started your shift, which apparently wasn't supposed to happen for another 2 years." He starts. This lead to the women steping forward and taking a deep breath.

"Geminie, you're not who you think you are." Her musical voice states and I look at her with shock as she continues.

"You are the future moon goddess, daughter of the current moon goddess."

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"So let me get this straight. Alex's parents kidnapped me because they miscarried his real sister out of revenge?" I asked confused. The woman, who's name was Ira, had spent two hours explaining to me who I was. It made sense. All the beatings, the yelling. Why I never felt loved by the people who raised me. They had taken me away from my true parents.

"Yes, sadly." She states as Alex paced the room.

"So now what does she do?" He asks and Ira smiles.

"She trains. Geminie Starlite will become a fierce Alpha and hone her powers as she learns her true destiny. And you will help her. I'll send you and my best soldier to a land in the south where it is waiting to be made into a great pack. For now just rest." With that Ira leaves and I am left alone with Alex, my eyes down casted as I try to avoid the one thing I was dying to ask.

"I'm still your brother. Whether we are related by blood or not you are still my sister." He says, wrapping me in a hug as I let tears fall. He knew me so well and I was happy I didn't have to say anything.

"Can you stay with me tonight Alex?" I whisper out, feeling Alex let go only to lay on the bed beside me.

"Always Gem. As your big brother I'll always be here for you and will always protect you." He promises and I nodd, laying down under the covers and falling asleep. I would need it for the next few months.

Morning came quicker then I wanted it too and I frowned as I slowly crept out of bed, not wanting to wake Alex up. I was told I had shifted and now I wanted to know what I looked like. Silently I crept out of my room and through the halls, my instinct leading me to where I hoped was an exit to the outside world. Soon my prayers were answered as I find myself exiting the build, the Temple of the Moon Goddess, and standing in a clearing surrounded by forest.

Quickly I took off the night gown Ira had lent me last night and took a deep breath. Alex had explained to me how to call the shift forward when I was little. First I had to calm my mind and think about myself in wolf form, and then I let that form of me take controle.

I thought about my paws hitting the earth, of the fur I would be in flying in the wind. That's when the pain happened and I felt ever thing in my body break, my bones rearranging themselves as my mouth opens in a silent scream.

I tried fighting it but it only made the pain worse. I felt like I was dying.

"Let's it happen." A male's voice says and I see a figure leaning against a tree, his back towards me.

"If you fight it it will kill you." He continues and I whimpered but took his advice. I let the shift take over and soon found myself sitting on the ground panting for breath, my new body feeling foreign to me as I flicked my tail.

"Better?" The man asks as he looks back at me. I nodded and he chuckles, but the pain in my heart had me stoping. He was handsome but I wanted my mate, even though he rejected me and I rejected him.

"Why don't you stand and try out your new legs, you're actually a really beautiful wolf." He compliments and I nodd again, testing out how to move each limb while laying down before clumsily getting to my paws.

"I'm guessing you're new at this?" He laughs out. I glare at him and give him a no duh captain obvious look, wich caused him to laugh harder as I huff out a sigh.

"Okay, how about you walk to me now." He suggest and I notice he was now standing two feet away from me. I didn't trust him but I moved anyways, taking each step carefully until my legs were steady and I was directly infront of him, feeling proud of myself.

"Good now smile." A click went off and growled until he put his hands up to reveal the latest Samsung, showing me the screen.

"Thought you would like to see what you look like." He smirks and I find myself captivated by the photo.

My wolf had pure white fur and when I moved it reflected like a prism. The tail was fluffier then normal wolves and my coat was slightly longer as well with a tuft if fur that looked like bangs just above my eyes. Along my paws were silver makings that looked like stars and shimmered when I moved. I was beautiful.

"Now, let's play little wolf." The man says with mischief in his eyes as he shifts before me into a beautiful midnight blue wolf with a small patch of silver fur shaped like a diamond in the center of his forhead and takes off, me following him right away.