Memories

"Geminie you almost done in the shower?" Ariven's voice fills my ears and I let out a sigh. That howl was him. It had to be.

Now all I could think about was when I was fourteen.

"Gem?" His voice was just outside the curtain and I slowly shut off the water and leaned my head against to cold tile.

"Gem who were you and Mika talking about?" I heard the curtains move aside and felt a fluffy towel being wrapped around my shoulders.

"I don't want to talk about it." I whimpered out. Feeling the grips of fear wrap around me again.

"He can't hurt you here. I'm your protector remember." His arms lift me up and out of the shower as he cradles me close to his chest.

"I've been by your side for all these years since you first shifted. I know when you're scared and that howl terrified you Gemi." He holds me tighter and I clutch the towel closer to me as I rest my head against his shoulder.

I sniffle as I let the emotions that I held back take over and burry my face into the crook of his neck, crying. One moment I was in the bath room, the next I was in bed being comforted by my best friend.

"Talk to me." He pleads and I burry my face deeper into his chest.

"I'm not pure. He set me up and I was raped." I whisper out, feeling Ariven's arms tighten around me.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"Beta, where are we going?" It was a surprise to had woken up on my fourteenth birthday with my father giving me a gift and telling me to get ready he was taking me out somewhere.

I was excited to finally be treated like a daughter again and not some slave.

"I'm taking you out for your birthday." He replies with and I smile as I play with the hem of my blue sweet heart neckline dress that my father had given me.

The drive was quiet after that but after a few more minutes we finally stopped.

"Geminie. You are here to pay off a debt I owe to a rogue." He unclipped the seat belt for me and reaches over and opens the door.

"You know how to get back to the pack. Make it there before the guy I owe a debt catches you and I owe him nothing. If he catches you I said he can do whatever he wants with you and I owe him nothing. Good luck." With that I was pushed out of the car and watched as he sped away.

"Happy birthday to me." I mutter out as I stand. I take out my cell and use the Google maps to put in the destination for the pack house and sighed at the fact I had a four hour walk ahead of me. Better get going.

Snap

The sound of twigs breaking behind me had me stoping in my track.

The stench of death was weaving towards me. They weren't soulless yet but they were turning.

"Hello little prey. Your father says you're here to pay his debt." A deep voice echos around me and I shiver. It wasn't from the cold but from the fear. Fear that this man had power and he was willing to use it on me.

"Let's get going now little prey." He chuckles and I take off, running towards the direction of my so called home as I dodge trees and make my way through the forest. I was so glad I had paired the dress with converses and not heels.

The sounds of wolves chasing me followed after a few minutes and I couldn't help but pick up my pace.

Hours must have passed as I rushed through the trees, the day turning dark until the familiar scents of my pack finally reached me. But one thing had me stoping in my track and that was the long eerily lone howl that was right in front of me.

A large grey wolf stalks towards me, shifting mid step to a man about mid twenties as he smirks down at me.

"Thanks for the chase but it's time to pay the debt owed to me." He whispers as he grabs my throat and flings me to the ground.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"Mika had come rushing in after catching scents of the rogue but by that time it was to late. I think that was the only time he was nice to me." I whimper out as Ariven rubs smalls circles into the base of my back.

"It seems like that howl from earlier was him then wasn't it?" He questions and I nodd.

"It was. And he rules the soulless."

"Which means that's who we have to help defend this pack against." Ariven finishes.

I never thought this trip would have me facing my past like this but I guess now I would have to. I already delt with the mate bond now I need to deal with the monster.