Sweet bliss

"Alpha are you in here?" A voice calls out to me as I float on the shimmering silver water lost in a trance. It been two years and ten months since I had found out my real birth and with the help of Ira I had been able to reunite with my mother, Nianah, the current Moon Godedess and my father, the leader of the Arctic wolf pack.

"Shhh, she is going to the stars to train with her." Ariven warns as I let the slip of darkness take me over.

"Gem you're late." The melodic voice of my mother reaches me and I smile as I rush to her arms and hold her tight. For the past two years I have gotten to know her and came to realize the death of the Alpha and Luna from my old pack was because of my kidnappers.

"Well being an Alpha and training is hard. Now for the umpteenth time why did you set me up with Mika as my mate? Couldn't you have chosen some one else." I ask right away again as I join her on the gazebo as we drink tea.

"Well, at the time he was a perfect match. Now I wanna rip into him." She sighs as her fingers run through my hair.

"I just can't wait for you're birthday. You'll be twenty one and I can come visit everyone in person." She adds quickly as I smile at her lovingly. I can't believe I spent eighteen years of my life with out her and my real father.

"By the way, dad says hi. He misses you every day but he is still surviving. I still can't believe he is one hundred and eighty years old. Will that mean my next mate and I will be that old?" She laughs as my statement and question as she takes a sip of her tea and thinks for a moment.

"Considering that when the next moon Godess turns five hundred, she takes over for the previous one then yeah." I frown at this and sigh, turning to face the shimmering sky of stars.

"When did you know dad was your mate?" I ask quietly.

"When I first watched him come into the world." My face recoils with disgust from the TMI moment my mother gave me.

After tea she trains me quickly on the four elements I am to be in controle of as well as the power of mates. Maybe one day I'll be able to have one of my own.

"I gotta go." I frown as I hug my mother one last time.

"I know darling Geminie but just think, you'll be able to see me tomorrow. Give your father my love." She sighs and kisses my forehead head and I close my eyes.

"Geeeeem." I feel a finger poke my cheek repeatedly in a steady rhythm before I turn and bite it playfully, opening my eyes to meet Ariven.

"How's your mom?" He asks, not fazed by the grip my teeth has on him.

"Gwood" I say, nipping his finger again before I let go and sit up.

"Thats good boo. Well since you were out for the hour we have a request from a pack in need. It seems like the soulless attacked a pack and destroyed most of their property. They need as much help as they can get." I sigh as I stand and feel Ariven wrap a towel around me before lifting me bridal style and carying me to the pack house and into my room.

"We'll help them. Tell Alex he is in charge starting tomorrow since we will leave first thing."

"Yes Alpha." He whispers as he crawls into my bed with me in his lap. I was exhausted.

"Riv?"

"Yes Gem?"

"Will you ask Lizaris to keep an eye on this pack for me as well? I trust her to keep an eye on the pack with Alex." I yawn and snuggle into him, feeling his arms tighten around me.

"Of course." I smile at his response. The sound of the TV being turned on fills the comfortable silence and the sweet bliss of sleep. Visiting mother was always mentally exhausting.