Days, Years, Death is a Wish

I hate life!

That's my thought every day since becoming an Omega. Alex still helps me every chance he gets but that's about it.

It was midnight and all the chores were done and now was my time to relax as I sneak out of my window. I was lucky to have a huge tree beside my room in the attic, not many Omegas get that and if the Beta caught me doing this I would be beaten till and inch of my life.

I've mastered sneaking out thanks to Alex using the excuse of training to save wolves from a tree as an excuse to teach me. My brother was my only friend and I was happy to have him on my side. It's been years since I became and omega and now I was nearing my eighteenth birthday. Maybe I'll find my mate.

Quietly I slip down the trees like a ghost, a whisper in the night as I land softly onto the grass covered earth and stalk past the tree line.

It was my usual nightly routine and I rush towards the river, wading into the water then towards the sound of the waterfall.

Alex may be my only friend in the pack but outside I had Lizaris and the Unicorns.

"You're late." The musical voice of the elf reaches me just before I dodges her sword.

"Yeah but I'm still here for training like always." I chuckle as I rush forward, dodging another attempt and stealing the sheathed sword from off her back and drawing it.

"What took you so long to get here?" Lizaris questions as I jump back, wincing as the punch she threw lands against the bruise on my ribcage.

"Oh, they beat you again didn't they?" By they Liz meant the pack and my so called parents. Alex always found an excuse not to be there when the beating happened. He couldn't defy the pack and neither could I but this was his way of not hurting me like everyone wanted and I understood.

"I spilt some water while in a rush to make their dinner, it took me longer to do the chores." I sigh out, wrapping my arms around me as I tried to keep the tears in. Everyone hated me, they blamed me for the death of the Alpha and Luna.

"Hey it okay Gem, come here." I feel the weight of the sword leave my hand as Liz pulls me into a hug. This elf was like a mother to me and the only one who has helped me since I could remember. She was tall, at least six foot, with long white hair and lithe body. Her eyes were big and wide, the colour of the forest and she was the one who was training me to fight because I still hadn't shifted like every wolf on their sixteenth birthday.

"Come on Geminie, into the hot springs to heal little wolf." She pulls away and I smile thankfully at her as she pushes me towards the healing hot springs, helping me strip naked and into the warm water.

I sighed as the magic started to work, floating in the spring as the water surrounds me the the moon looks down making my own white hair glow and my silver eyes filled with tears that I was letting fall quietly.

I didn't heal like normal wolves did so my curvy body a was always covered in bruises for the most part until I could come to the Valley and heal in the hot springs.

"When will you leave your pack Gem? It's not safe for you there." Lizaris asks with sadness in her voice and I turn my head slightly to look at her. At two thousand years old she still looked twenty five but the love in her eyes for me showed how much her worry was and I couldn't leave because I would end up leaving her as well.

"I graduate tomorrow then I will most likely move on from there. Who knows, maybe I will find my mate soon and he will whisk me away like Cinderella." I answer finally, yawning as the night was ticking by and I still needed to get some sleep. Tomorrow was grad day at the Were Wolf Academy and I some how managed to get honors in all four years of highschool and graduate valedictorian. But I had no friends, Mika and Lace had made sure of that.

"I wish I could come and watch you but you know I can't leave." Liz says and I swim towards her, my wounds all healed as I hug her.

"Knowing you and the Unicorns have my back is enough for me." I whisper and Liz nodds, sniffling back tears as she hugs me back.

"Get some sleep Geminie, you'll be back in your room in the morning." I nodd and curl up beside her on the grass, the warmth of the water like a blanket as it floats towards us and I let the peace of the valley lull me to sleep.