Hatred

"You know, since you became an Alpha a few years ago it's been easier to protect the unicorns." Lizaris states as the elf leans against my car, her hair glowing in the early light of dawn.

"I know. But they have the protection of the future moon Goddess and her surrogate mother." I reply with smiling as I finish loading the bags into the trunk. Today we were to help the pack that requested the protection from the future moon Goddess and since that was me I had no choice but to oblige.

"Did Riv tell you where you were going?" Liz asks me in a hushed tone.

"No, did he tell you?" I was starting to worry about the pack that needed help now. I hoped that they were allies but considering the fact Ariven hasn't told me the requestees I'll be going in there blind.

"No, I'm sorry. Hopefully it's a nice pack, probubly one of the smaller ones looking for allies." She states and I nodd, the thought making sense since I knew most of the Alphas in the area.

"Hey Gem ready to go?" Ariven's voice cuts through our conversation as I turn to look at him, giving him a smile.

"Of course, you driving us?" I reply back, holding the keys to the car out.

"Yep because you need your rest to deal with the Alpha of the pack. I hear he is a real duchebag." This time I had a look of confusion cross my face as I look at my.

"Didn't the Alpha request the help?"

"No, his sister did. She was afraid he was to prideful to do it." Ariven answers but I could tell from the way he gritted his teeth he had implied a hidden meaning to it. It's like he was hiding something from me and it was killing him every moment because he wished to tell me.

"Well then since she knows what's going on I guess it's best to speak to her first." I smile trying to lighten the mood as I throw the keys at him and get in, waving goodbye to Lizaris for now as Ariven takes his seat at the wheel and drive away, an excruciating pain that I've come to know all to well washing over me and I groan.

"Is he at it again?"

"Yes. Like how many whores are in that pack that they would purposely screw some one like him." I turn my gaze to my beta as silence fills the car and catch the grip on the steering wheel tighten and his jaw clenched in fury.

"Don't worry Gemmie. Soon you'll get a better mate and then you can be free of him." I sigh and close my eyes, letting the next wave of pain wash over me before I nodd at his statement. Just a few more months and then I can forget the mate bond.

"Sleep for now. I'll wake you up when we are at their guest house."

"Okay Riv." It was easy to let the darkness take me away from the pain. I was sage as long as Ariven was beside me. My first real friend and my trusted beta would die for me and I would die for him.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"What kind of Alpha sleeps throughout the trip and then another 3 hours at the guest house of the pack who requested their help?" A furiouse voice reaches my ears and I groan, turning into a soft warm body and getting a chuckle as I burry my face into whoever's chest.

"Am I comfy Gem?" Ariven's voice whispers and I nodd.

"Well then you have a few more seconds to enjoy my comfy-ness before we go and greet the other Alpha and his beta." I sigh at his words and pull away, glaring at my bestfriend.

"Do I have to be responsible right now? I mean it's not like they need me for much."

"They need you to look at their defenses and help create new ones."

"Is that all?"

"No Gem, you also have to deal with the soulless." My face twists with disgust at the mentions of soulless. Foul smelling wolves who's blood are blacker then tar all because they were forced to become rogues and lost all hope and will to survive. Only a few have become rogues and stayed their true selves and lucky for us they started joining out pack. All except Firefoot. I can't wait to see her again.

With a final sigh I roll over and climb out of bed, grabbing my things for a shower and as well as a sundress, some under garments and  white wedges.

"Ten minutes and then we can meet the pack who requested help." I shout out as I enter the bathroom and slam the door shut.

I started the shower and began to undress before stepping under the spray, the warm water easing the soreness from my muscles and I sigh. I couldn't take the pain of my so called mate having fun with the pack whôres. His parents would be so disappointed in him.

With another sigh I scrub my body clean and step out, turning the water off and quickly drying my hair and body with the soft fluffy towels before dressing and putting my hair into a messy bun. I didn't bother with make up considering who I was my face always looked model ready and I was happy with that. Saved me money in the long run.

Finally I was ready to be the Alpha I am and I step out into the room, Ariven dressed in a nice pair of jeans, a dress shirt with the sleeves rolled to his elbow and a nice pair of dress shoes.

"Ready?" He asks and I sigh, nodding and letting him lead the way out of the room and through the guest house.

I was getting a sense of dejavu as we walked the halls, the place Emily silent as I make my way through the familiar dark flooring and beige walls.

"The other pack is in the dining room here. I thought it would be easier if they came to the guest house." I smile and grab Ariven's hand, giving it a squeeze and feeling his squeeze back.

The scent of wolves grew stronger and stronger after that and soon I found myself standing infront of a large solid door.

"You first Riv. I want to see their reactions and what kind of pack I am dealing with." I whisper and he nodds, pushing the door open.

"Sorry to keep you all waiting. The drive here was long and tiring." Ariven says in a warm tone as he enters the room.

"Its okay. I'm sorry my sister called for your assistance without my consent. I get she is my beta but she doesn't know how to listen." This voice. It had my heart clenching and my body almost doubled over.

"I'm Alpha Mika it's nice to meet you Alpha of Silver Crystal Crescent Pack." Hatred slowly burns inside me as a sliver of moonlight filters from the window across from me giving me the strength I needed and I smile. Thank you mother.

I stand straight and square my shoulders. I am the future Moon Goddess for crying out loud. He will not affect me.

"Actually you have that all wrong. I'm the Alpha and you'll be dealing with me." I state with authority laced through my voice as I walk in and stand at the head of the table, the room filling with gasps as I take in Mika, Lace and the wolves who kidnapped me expressions as well as ex-pack members who abused me.

"Its nice to see you all again, Alex sends his regards but I need him to take care of my pack while I'm gone." I was in Alpha mode and I could feel the pride radiating off of Ariven.

[You suck by the way.] I mind link him a little, no, a hell of a lot pissed off with him.

[I know but if i told you then you wouldn't have gone.] Ariven replies back and repress the urge to sigh as I look at the pack that abused me.

"Now, let's get down to business Mika. I hear you've let the once strong pack become weak and pathetic."