Enemy Territory

My body felt like lead as I groggily felt conciousness flow into me and I couldn't help but feel like I had been rejected all over again. But I knew I had a mate.

[Riv?"] I reach out but nothing comes. My senses were being blocked and I knew it had to be wolfsbane coursing through my system. The stench of filth and rot reached my nose and I forced my eyes to open. I had to find a way to escape.

"Glad you're awake princess." His voice sneers at me and I shiver with fear. Lupus.

The man the beta had used me as payment for. The man who took my virginity and violated me.

The man who was causing a war.

"Why?" I croak out, my voice hoarse as I turned to gaze at him. Hatred seeping into every pore of mine.

"Because daddy dearest promised me a mate and since I already knew you I wanted you. You must have known how surprised I was when I was told you were gone." He chuckles darkly has his hands travel my body, bile rising. Only Ariven should be touching me like that.

"I'm mated now." I growl out with as much strength as I could muster.

"I know. Wich is why breaking you will be such fun." He grins as he grabs my hair and pulls me up, his face inches from mine and I take a look at his red rimmed eyes. He was part soulless but also part sane. This would be a difficult task to handle.

"Do you know who I am?" I ask with a glare.

"A wolf who hasn't shifted yet." He smile as he nips my ear gently. I could hear the truth in his words. He did not know I was the future moon goddess.

I am thrown back down while he just chuckles, pain radiating from my head. But I had to play it safe. Pretending to be weak I let out a sigh of defeat, focusing my powers on matabolizing the wolfsbain. If I can bide my time I will be strong enough to fight and be able to escape.

For now I wait.

"I'll let you heal up before I show you my pack. As king of the soulless you'll be my queen." He sneers at me before leaving the room and giving me a chance to take notice of where I am.

The walls and the flooring was made of rough rock, pieces jutting out here and there. The stone was cold against my exposed skin and I shivered. When the wolfsbane leaves my system no one will know what hit them.

With a sigh I close my eyes for a moment.

With my observation of everything I knew I was in a cave deep underground. No wonder no one could find the soulless. They had made a kingdom under our very noses.

So much for them being mindless beasts.

[Riv if you can hear me I'm underground. Try to reach mom or even my dad for help.] I send out, tears streaming down my eyes as I let darkness take over me.

I needed my strength to make it out in one piece. The only hope I had was to get rid of the poison coursing through my system and release my powers.