TWO(2)

I speeded up the story so don't be confused as you read.

****************
Moonie sat on the bed as she stared at Samaria who was asleep in her parents guest room. She stood up and leaned down to kiss her on her forehead.

Samaria was a complete mess. Baby girl was acting a fool about Toni's death, when Kain and Moonie walked in, they heard her loud screams. She was crying and begging god to bring him back; Patrice tried her best to console her daughter but Samaria still couldn't believe that Toney, her boyfriend, was dead.

But he left something special behind. And that special gift was planted right inside of Samaria, she had told everyone that she was three months pregnant. Yes, it was shocking news but they took it well. They didn't want to upset her.

Moonie stood up and made her way out of the guest room. She notice that Kain was sitting down in one of the recliners, his phone was glued to his ear, the usual.

She waltz over and sat on his lap. He pulled her up towards him and started rubbing on her round belly with his right hand. She place her hand on top of his and lean over to kiss him on the lips.

"She sleep?" Kain asked while clicking the red button on his iPhone. Moonie nodded her head.

"Yeah, she's knocked out."

"Alright." Kain sighed heavily while rubbing his temples. "So much shit is going on, I just want to go home and sleep for a while."

"Are you sure? What about Toni? Is his body still at Samaria's place?" Moonie asked.

"Nah." He shook his head, "Don't worry about that alright- I don't feel like talking about it." Kain told her while shaking his head, he thought about his homeboy, even though he had fallen out with Toni because of that accident with Samaria, still the guy was one of his closest friends.

"Alright." Moonie replied back smartly while slapping her hands on her thighs, she turned around and attended to her phone, she had sent her mom a text, letting her know that she would be on her way to pick up Kirsten in exactly twenty minutes.

"Warm tea?" Patrice offered as she waltz inside the living room with a large mug in her hand, she took two short sips from it and gave them a concerned look.

"Nah, ma' we bout' to split, I need some rest." Kain told her as he leaned on Moonie, inhaling her perfume scent that was all over her neck.

"O-Kay." Patrice said, as she stared back and forth at them both. "I just thought that you two were going to spend a night, you know Samaria really needs you right now."

"Patrice, we'll be back first thing in the morning." Moonie butted in while standing up, fixing her shirt. Patrice low-key cut her eyes at Moonie.

"But there's four empty bedrooms in this house, you can just sleep here instead of driving all the way back home, your place is like forty minutes away." Patrice explained to them both.

"Ma, I want to sleep in my own bed at my own house... Like Moonie said, we'll be back in the morning." Kain assured her while standing up as well.

"Besides, we have to get Kirsten from my moms." Said Moonie.

Patrice rolled her eyes, for some reason, she didn't like how her son was agreeing with Moonie.

"Can't your mom just keep her overnight?"

"No, my mom has a baby of her own to see to.."

"Ma, just chill... we'll be back." Kain told his mom while leaning over and kissing her on her cheek.

"Fine, go ahead then! Leave!" Patrice snapped.

Adonis walked in to see why she had yelled out like that. "What is wrong with you?" He ask his wife.