SEVENTEEN(17)

VERY SHORT CHAPTER.

•••

Moonie walked inside her house and slammed the door behind her. Kain was on the phone with Kirsten in his arms. She was busy prodding her daddy in the face and he allowed her to do it.

Moonie's puppy was curled up under the table. She was a new puppy and they were strangers to her. It would take a minute for her to come around them.

"The fuck is that?" Kain asked her while moving the phone away from his ear. He frowned up at her and brought the phone back up to his ear.

"End the fucking call right now. We need to talk!" She snapped while tossing her purse on the couch.

Kain furrowed his eyebrows at her and watched as she slammed and tossed some things around. He looked at her like she had lost her damn mind.

"Yeah, let me call you back." He ended his call and put Kirsten down. He looked at his wife with concern. "What's wrong with you?"

"You! You are what's wrong with me!" Moonie bellowed while getting closer to Kain. She poked him in the chest.

He held his hands out. "What I do?"

"Don't act innocent Kain. Some cop just left my fucking shop-talking about he got a tip that I was hiding drugs in my shop. What's up with that?"

Kain frowned as he studied his wife. "Did he put his hands on you?"

"No, fortunately."

"Damn." Kain cursed while touching the left side of his face. "Baby, I let Kareem hide his shit there."

Moonie was furious as hell. She stood there with her hands on her hips as she stared at him with anger. "Kareem was hiding drugs in Golfer boxes?"

"Yeah, and I'm sorry about that." Kain apologized as he placed his hands around her waist. She hastily moved them.

"You're sorry?" Moonie reiterated softly while looking into Kain's eyes for sorrow. Unfortunately, she didn't find any. She felt like he was faking. "Is this why you don't want me to run my own shop? So you can just transport drugs in and out of my place of business. Kain, I can't believe you did this to me. My shop could get shut down because of you."

"I fucked up, alright?" He stressed out.

"I had to deal with that stupid ass cop. He just walked in my shop and started looking for the drugs. Luckily, the cracker boxes were empty and the bags that were left, just had crackers in it ."

"He still wouldn't have been able to do anything to you without a search warrant. He didn't have a warrant on him, right?" Kain asked.

"No, he didn't." Moonie sighed while running her fingers through her hair. "I just can't believe you did this to me. You act like you don't care about my freedom."

"I do care about you. I just wasn't thinking like that, but I got everything under control. All I have to do is make a few phone calls."

Moonie shook her head. "Evidently, you don't have nothing under control. My shop is hot as hell-the polices are watching my bakery. You and Kareem were hiding drugs in my place of business. That's foul Kain, real foul."

Kain nodded his head. "I know it foul and I'mma fix it."

"I don't want you fixing nothing. I'll handle my own business. I'm changing my locks tomorrow and I'm running my own place. I don't need you controlling shit of mine." Moonie gave him one last glare, picked up Kirsten, and headed for upstairs. She knew that Kai was up there napping.

"Fuck man." Kain cursed while flopping down on the couch.

•••

Kain informed Kareem that he needed to lay low for a while and to cancel the shipments that went to Moonie's shop. Since it was hot, they couldn't risk stashing shit there.

He opened his eyes and noticed how quiet the house was. Usually, the TV would be on and he could hear Kirsten's loud mouth from the living room.

Kain looked over and noticed that Moonie wasn't laying down at all. He assumed that she was downstairs so he went into the bathroom and got himself situated.

Kain went downstairs and noticed that everything was off and quiet. He furrowed his eyebrows and searched the house, calling Moonie's name. She was no where to be found. The kids were no where to be found and the dog was gone too. He looked outside and noticed that her truck was also gone.

Out of anger, Kain stormed upstairs and grabbed his phone. He dialed Moonie's number and waited for her to pick up. She never did. Instead, she sent him to voicemail.

He kept calling her until he grew tired of it. For some reason, Kain's heart was heavy. He felt like he had failed his wife yet again. By trying to manipulate and control her. He knew that she was tired of it.

He didn't know where she was, but he was going to find her. He looked around the room and noticed that the closet door was open and Moonie's suitcases were gone. A lot of her clothes were gone also.

He narrowed his eyebrows while scrutinizing the closet. "She think she can just leave me and take my kids?"

•••

TO BE CONTINUED

The rest of this chapter will be published soon...😁