TWENTY(20)

Patrice stood there looking pretty with her hands on her hips. Her hair was styled as usual and she kept her nails on point.

"Why are you in my house?" Moonie questioned her with an attitude. She didn't know what the fuck Kain had going on.

Patrice smiled and said, "I'm doing something you should be doing-taking care of my son."

Moonie's eyes quickly narrowed into slits. "That's not my job to take care of your son. He's a grown man. Move so I can get through."

Patrice leaned her head to the side and shook it. "Ask me nicely and I may just move."

"I shouldn't have to ask you nicely. This is my house!" Moonie snapped, raising her voice. Rudely, she pushed through causing her to bump Patrice a little.

With both of her kids in toll, Moonie walked around her house. She took the sight of everything in and grew upset. Patrice had moved in and rearranged every single item in the house.

"What happened to my chair?" Moonie challenged her. "I had a lounging chair right by the window and now it's gone."

Moonie had a chaise chair that was near the window. It was her favorite chair in the house.

"Oh, it was tacky so I threw it out." Patrice replied boldly.

"Tacky? Moonie reiterated. "What was tacky about it?" Moonie questioned her.

"Everything. Plus it didn't look right near the window." Patrice said while picking Kirsten up.

Moonie just stood there and watched her interact with her daughter. Anger fueled inside her as she thought about all the evil things should could do to Patrice.

"You shouldn't rearrange my things. This is my house-not yours."

Patrice looked up at Moonie and couldn't help but to show off her sinister grin. "This is my son's house."

"It's both of our house...my name is on the deed as well. We're married."

"Tsk..." Patrice scoffed. "See, this is why I wanted him to do the postnuptial. I can see it now, you're going to be a problem."

"How am I going to be a problem?" Moonie disputed. "Because I don't want the shit in my house rearranged?"

"Let's face it...you and Kain are headed for a divorce." Patrice explained.

"You don't know shit about our marriage." Moonie snapped with an attitude. She wasn't thinking about a divorce at all. She just wanted some time away from Kain.

"Everybody knows that you two didn't have a prenup before getting married." Patrice continued.

"But what does all of that have to do with me not wanting my furniture rearranged?" Moonie reiterated as she held Kai in her arms.

"Because that's where it all starts. You'll start complaining about your furniture being rearranged. Then after the divorce, you'll try to take away the whole house and soon all of my son's assets."

"Listen to yourself. You sound like the crazy ass woman you are." Moonie replied as she studied her with her nose wrinkled.

"People make me out to be a crazy woman but I'm not-I'm far from that." Patrice set Kirsten down and neared Moonie. "If you try to take everything from my son, I will come for you."

Moonie stared at the older lady with her nose flared. Reality hit her when she heard Kai whining. She broke her gaze and went straight for his pacifier. She held him close to her chest and rocked him a little, calming him down.