TEN(10)

<READ PREVIOUS CHAPTER>

****************************

"She was just telling me-"

"Telling you what!" Moonie interrupted him while eyeing Elise. She peered back over at Kain.

Kain sighed in irritation because Moonie was once again getting the wrong idea.

"She was telling me about Kirsten-that's it." He replied back while grabbing Kirsten off of the couch. She whined a little because he had interrupted her nice sleep.

Moonie stared at the back of Kain's head for a moment. She was actually glaring at him-in her opinion, he had no business talking to her period. She then looked over at Elise and sized her up.

"What are you doing here with my child? What are you doing here period-last time I checked, you disrespected my mama." Moonie said while looking the girl up and down. She didn't understand why Elise was even in her mom's house.

Elise didn't have time for Moonie's smart ass mouth. She was actually trying to keep peace between them because their last encounter didn't go so well. The dirty looks Moonie was giving her made her a little hot. Elise wanted to punch her in the mouth so bad.

"Moonie, don't start with me okay? Nia and I made up, so what?"

"I don't want you around my daughter and I better not catch you around her again." Moonie snapped while slugging the diaper bag around her shoulder.

"Let's go." Kain demanded. He did not want them to get in a heated argument. He didn't want to see that shit and they definitely didn't need to do it in front of the babies.

"Moonie." Elise laughed while shaking her head. "You know that I can't put my hands on you right now because you're pregnant."

Moonie rolled her eyes, "So you want to fight me because I don't want you around my daughter?"

"Now, you know that this does not have anything to do with Kirsten. I don't like how you're talking to me. Don't be acting all hard in front of your husband because I'll whup your ass just like I did in this same living room. Pregnant or not."

Moonie stared at her a little before speaking.

"You didn't whoop me." Moonie snorted. "You were the one who was pulling my hair."

Elise's smirk turned into a complete frown. Moonie's statement got to her because Elise was pulling Moonie's hair. Moonie was surprised her hair didn't come out.

"Say that again?" Elise snapped while walking up on Moonie. Kain got in between them. He didn't want Elise putting her hands on his wife and she was pregnant with his son. He wasn't having that shit at all.

"Why are you lying girl?" Elise asked while spreading her arms out. "I had you and you know it...I pulled your shit because you pulled mine-you're just playing yourself."

"No, you're playing yourself!" Moonie retorted back. She wasn't a very good fighter but she still managed to fight her sister back.

"Moonie..." Kain called out but she ignored him. She was too busy arguing with Elise. He called her name again and gave her a stern look which made her shut up.

"Anyways..." Moonie trailed off rudely, she did it on purpose. "Let's go because I don't have time to stand here and argue with this girl-I got better things to do." With that, she made her way down the steps carefully and walked silently to the truck. Kain walked behind her.

"Kain saved you from getting your ass whupped. Pregnant or not." Elise yelled out to Moonie.

"Blah, blah, blah." Moonie managed to be petty while waving her hands in the air. "Go see to your brother and stop barking."