TWENTY-FOUR(24)

Something simple, yet interesting. 🌙

I hope everyone is doing well. Remember to follow me on Twitter @dxrrxneicx. I answer messages through there since Wattpad's mailbox has a lot of glitches.

When Patrice opened the door, she revealed a very pregnant India. She stood there with some car keys in her hands. She spoke to Patrice and placed her eyes on her cousin. The expression on her face was nonchalant, very serious.

"Can you talk?"

Moonie scoffed before looking down at her teething baby. He held a tight grip on her finger as he rightfully chewed on it. By now Moonie's hand was covered in baby slobber, but she didn't care. She would rather him slobber and chew than cry.

"You lose the address to Kareem's house?" Moonie questioned her dryly. She wasn't really interested in talking to her cousin. After India dissed her at Kareem's house, she didn't know if she wanted the girl in her house.

India pursed her swollen lips and sucked her teeth. The keys to Kareem's truck dangled in her hands as she neared Moonie. "I'm only trying to check on you. I heard about what happened-that's all."

"Well, I'm fine."

"Fine enough to not be around family?" India questioned her as she placed her eyes on Kai. She a smile appeared on her face. Instantly, she took him out of Moonie's hands. "Oh my God, he's so big and look at these chubby cheeks."

"Wait a minute, don't go and try to change the subject. What are you even talking about?" Moonie's brows furrowed in confusion. "I was around family-I just needed to come home."

"Audrey said she didn't get the chance to see you at the hospital. She's been calling you and...you haven't been picking up."

Instantly, Moonie's temper grew hot. She darted her eyes over at her cousin as she snarled.

"If you came here to chew me out about my own grandmother then you might as well leave because I'm not listening."

India looked over at Patrice who left out. She placed her attention back on Moonie as she took a seat beside her on the couch. "I didn't come here for that. I just wanted you to know that she's hurt behind it."

"I don't care." Moonie snapped nonchalantly. "Just change the subject because I'm not fucking with her right now."

"Don't get hostile with me if I'm being nice to you, Moon."

"But didn't you treat me the same way when I showed up at Kareem's doorstep?"

"Oh...." India replied in a low tone as she looked at Kai. "You still mad about that?"

"I am." Moonie replied quickly. "You're not the only person in the world with feelings, Ind."

India stayed quiet for a minute as she thought about what she had done to her cousin when she showed up at Kareem's house. Not only did she try to keep Moonie from coming in, but she treated her badly-from her stares to her verbal output.

"I'm sorry, Moon." She apologized. "The shit I was upset about was really stupid, huh?"

Moonie didn't reply back to her at all. Flashbacks of her trying to talk to India about accepting Kareem's engagement ring popped up in her head.

"I just wanted you to..." Moonie trailed off. "Make sure you're doing the right thing. I know Kareem and you do too. But I really know him-he used to date my old friend. He fought her- a lot."

"I understand that you were only trying to look out for me, but I'm good." India assured her cousin. "I promise you...he's been good to me. So far, I've been happy with my pregnancy."