FIVE(5)

"You know, you need some new friends... and not like that Carmen girl... who leaves their friend at a pool lounge for some married dick, trifling ass." Kain fussed, completely ignoring her compliment about his truck.

"Carmen isn't that bad."

"Oh really?"

"Yes really." Ashley commented with a goofy smile. All those drinks she had was getting to her.

Kain scoffed while touching his beard. "So you like having a best friend like her?"

Ashley turned to look at Kain. She caught herself staring way too hard, she just couldn't resist looking at him. The man was so damn fine, his features were rare.

Nice skin color, pretty hair, sexy looking beard, he was dressed all casual and fine with those sexy ass tattoos out...yeah she definitely missed out on having him.

"You know, I think you should let up on my friend Boo, Carmen is cool in her own way."

Kain let out a sarcastic chuckle. "I can't believe you rocking like that."

Ashley rolled her eyes. "What Carmen do is her business, if she wants to fuck with married men then that's her, not with me." She said while touching her chest. "I don't have shit to do with that."

"I can understand that but....part of her reflects on you ma, since she's your best friend or whatever you wanna call it."

"I think you made your point." Ashley smirked. "But like I said...that's her business, not mines."

"So your parents still stay in the same house right?" Kain asked, skipping the subject.

"Uh, yeah they do... they stay in the same old spot...they keep asking about you, I told them that I was going to get you to stop by and speak to them."

"Yeah, I might just come through one day next week."

"Next week?" Ashley asked. "Boo you can just come tomorrow."

Kain shooked his head. "Nah, I got shit to do tomorrow, I won't have time."

"Well alright..." Ashley replied back.

"Shit." She cursed while looking down at her iPhone.

"What's up?" Kain asked as he continue to drive, he looked over at Ashley before placing his eyes back on the road.

"Steven."

"Steven?" Kain reiterated. "Fuck is that?"

"That's my boyfriend's name, I told you that already."

"Oh, shit I thought you was just playing." Kain said with a smirk on his face. "So you fucking with a nigga named Steven."

Ashley looked over at Kain with an eye roll, he was busy laughing. "What's funny about his name? Your name is funny too, Kohen." She remarked, taking up for her man.

"Yeah, it match me though." Kain retorted back.

"Whatever Kain." Ashley said with a serious look on her face. She had gotten a text from Steven, he was pissed about her being out so late.

"So what's up with your old man, he know you out here this late?" Kain asked as if he had read the text message hisself.

Ashley turned her nose up at him. "He don't run me, I can go and stay out as long as I want to." She lied.

"You for real?" Kain sarcastically asked with a grin.

"I'm for real." Ashley replied back. "He can't tell me what to do unless he's making more money than me."