Chapter 4: Miss Perfect

After I told my Angela what my Brenda  said she replied with

"Every body knows that's how she is, everyone can't do anything to her"

She understands

With that said I went into the bathroom washed my face and headed off in the kitchen to  make something to eat

I think my aunt appreciated it a lot since she couldn't stop licking her fingers.

Afterwards we watched a movie on her TV and she explained to me how its gon go to buy my new  phone since she has to get her hair done in the morning.

"Hi" a familiar voice said walking to her room

Taylor is my aunts roommate she's just so nice..
Genuinely.

"Hey" I beamed back and she strutted off to her room.

Later on in the night my aunt left the room I wondered where she was going but I didn't question her about it.

Let's just say I know my boundaries.

Its been a long while since she's been out, my throat feeling a bit dry I got out of bed and went in the kitchen for a glass of water.

To my surprise I heard stifling in the living looking if anybody was there it was impossible to see as I peered through the darkness until I heard very lowly the words

"Why did this have to happen to me now,sniff I thought my foot was enough" sniff.

It was my aunt she laid in the sofa on the couch facing the opposite direction talking on the phone.

She couldn't see me and I doubt she would want to at this vulnerable moment.

I did nothing more than tiptoed back to the room and resumed the movie I was watching now thinking about my aunts cancer scare.

She is going through a lot she just doesn't show it..

Later on in the night she came in smiling.

I guess I was looking at her too hard or something trying to decipher if that was the same person I saw out in the living room moments ago.

"What?"

"Nothing" I quickly said returning my vision to the TV .

Was I imagining it all?

I doubt it

Was I going to press her about it?
No, I wouldn't want anyone to press me

So of course I didn't mention the incident I just witnessed that she thinks I'm  oblivious to.

In the morning I heard my aunt shuffling out of bed, I could hear her faint foot steps as she made her way to the bathroom and back until she was ready to leave.

"Tor I'll call you on the house phone when I'm almost done so you can meet me in the town she stated pointing to the phone"

"OK" I said in my sleepy voice and with nothing else to say I fell back in the bed as she left.