Chapter 8: The Interview

I set my alarm from the night before so I didn't have to depend on hers. However it seems as if I've gotten used to waking up at the same time as I used to when I was there because when I woke it was a quarter past five in the morning and I slept through three alarms.

None the less I got out of bed as quick as I opened my eyes because this time around it's usually bombarded with her roommates kids seeing as they have to get to school early.... Or you'd think they actually wanted to.

I grabbed my bathroom necessities and headed off to the bathroom and surprisingly it was empty and the tub was... Dry?.

Didn't the kids use the bathroom this morning? .

Not likely.

I took a shower with time as my enemy.

I didn't even bother drying off I just grabbed my towel and came out of the bathroom as quickly as I could.

Wouldn't want another speech about how selfish and inconsiderate I am.

I came to see my sister around the stove frying something of the sort.

I just shuffled into the bedroom and took out my preferred suit for today out the closet.

Since majority of my formal clothes are here I found easily a grey skirt and a black shirt to which I put on stockings and my black flat shoes.

Couple minutes later and I was fully clothed, and she was waking up her daughter to get ready for school.

I put on my usual light makeup and combed my hair in a low pony tail.

Afterwards I headed in the kitchen and I heard her say I could fry the rest of the dumplings because the dough is already there and she's tired.

I've gotten used to this "tired" thing a long time ago.
Its like if she's cooking something she always let's me cook mine whatever it may be because apparently "I'm old enough to cook my own food" not that I mind its just it seems kinda childish I mean whenever I'm cooking I don't say "oh you are big woman you can cook your own food" because ugh! And I'm blabbering again...

OK so I just fried some of the dumplings out of the dough and left the rest.

I then made some coffee tea and sat in the sofa and ate in silence.

Then I spoke up.

"The kids aren't here?"

"I don't know they were here last night" my aunt replied uninterestedly.

After I finished eating and about to wash my plate I saw one of the kids come out with sleepy eyes, the Mother soon after going into her son's room yelling.