Chapter 5: My only Escape

Today's the day that I go back to Prixtons.

I am partly happy and partly sad, sure, 'life in the city' wasn't what I intended it to be, but my town is just so tiny and everyone knows everyone, sure that's kind of a good thing but not always.

Today my aunt's suppose to do her biopsy on her breast to see what the lumps are, I've actually been praying it isn't cancer.

I really hope its not.

I stayed on my phone for most of the day until it was time to get ready.

After we both got ready, I packed my bags and we took a taxi together to get into the town, I however had to got to the Buspark to catch a bus home... A long drive...

A very long drive..

My aunt asked if I had bus fare, I told her I was going to withdraw it from my card when I get to an ATM.

Wouldn't want to burden her too...

She said 'OK' and we went our separate ways.

After the withdrawal of money I headed off to the bus station to catch a bus, I bought the ticket, and boarded.

I slept multiple times on the way there too, it was a good thing the guy beside me didn't get bowed up at my snoring.

Tomorrow I'll be nineteen..

Yup, I'm getting older indeed.

I wanted to spend my birthday in the city.. But you know conflict arise with my aunt and I felt unwanted there, I've never actually spent it there before, I'm afraid I never will but its okay at least I'll be wanted at home... I think.

I didn't want to over stay my stay at my aunt because as I've said I don't want to be a burden on her shoulders too.

On was falling asleep the whole journey and that's a first for me since I dont believe in sleeping on public transportation. I kept falling in and out of sleep the last time I woke up lazily  and looked out the window, lush green vegetation and acres of the farmlands came into view and I now knew that I've made it home safely.

The bus went into the station and the passengers anxiously huddled after each other to come off.
The gentleman beside me and I waited until most of the persons came off so we didn't have to push or be pushed to get off.

"Bye" I said waving, the first thing I've said since we just sat hours on the bus, either I was sleeping or on my phone most of the time.

"Good bye" he replied with a simple wave.

I went to the bus station where numerous taxis  could be found that will drop me off at Denham District.

I waved over one if the guys who I thought owned one of the taxis to which he pointed to the guy in the chair with his head down.

I walked over and asked if he could drop me at Denham District.

Taking a tooth pick out the corner of his mouth he lifted his hat and looked up to me and I now could see his straight bridge nose and his sunken cold eyes staring up to me.

"Do wut?" He uttered

"D-d-d-rop me at Denham District?" I choked out under his intense gaze.

He stood up and I could now see his full height six three maybe?

I don't know

"If you can't I totally understand" I proposed making a U turn.

Until I heard a huge eruption of laughter coming from the two men.

What the

"We're jut messing with ya kid gimme them bags"

He took my bags out my hands before I could even protest.

"O okay"

I got in the truck and we drive in silence.

"So where ya heading from?"

The driver spoke up looking in my direction.

"Oh I was in the city"

"Oh really was it too much for ya"

Yes..

"Not necessarily, it was okay"

Liar

"Your Calvin's daughter aren't ya?"

I looked at him intently waiting for him to continue but he never did.

"How do you know that?"

"Well ya look just like him, the striking image of him"

I beamed at that then turn my head to look at the cattle we were passing as the engine made sputtering sounds on the way.

Moments later we approached the house and already I could smell the  fresh air.

I don't know if its just me but I think the oxygen here is better than the oxygen back in the city, I feel like I'm breathing back the same air from everyone.

I got out the truck and Sam as he said his name was gave me my bags.

"Thanks" I replied making my way into the house.

"Tell your pa hi for me" he mused while reversing back out of the yard.

I took the key out from under the plant and made my way inside.

My room was filled with dust.

I'll need to do some cleaning

I made chili con carne for dinner and ate in silence.

Later on in the night my grand mother came.

Like usual she didn't even bother going in the kitchen as she ate at her work place..

She takes car of this lady and she also owns a clothing store, sometimes I would stay at the store for her when she's not able to.

I just stayed in my room on my phone listening to music... Like always because that's my only escape from the real world.