Chapter 11: Adult choices

I honestly don't know what I'd do without my friends.
They have been with me through thick and thin and being grateful for that is an understatement.

After I told them about my ordeal they gave me advice and it made me feel much better.

I wouldn't trade them for the world.

One of my friends told me~and I quote
"If you're still upset about what happened just tell yourself about what you've learnt from that and your sister was @ss to say you weren't street smart because she said it like she was putting you down in such a way for a damn simple thing, she as an adult should have told you that shyt like that happened to her and she understands instead of making you look like a fool because she is upset. That happens to me alot, but I always tell myself all I'll do is make sure I don't let this happen to me again but of course it's not that easy especially when it is someone you look up and has high expectations of you."

I honestly had to reanalyze everything that occurred in that rush of time and I realize that she has always been like that- my aun that is , I was just too blind to see it.

The other day I visited my grandmother, the other one that is - my fathers mother.

My uncle was there.

He works on a ship-a chef,

So like he cooked and stuff and the meal was delish.
But then conversation started and I got uncomfortable.

The thing isng we aren't that close come to think of it am not close with anyone on my father's side I barely know them.

I may be the only one but I hate it when adults ask about my future... Especially when I know they aren't going to contribute to it.

So I actually want to major in Public Health, because well I'm kind of a germ freak? I guess.

And who doesn't like the environment? Right? Right?..

I applied to the Monroe College in New York.

I got accepted actually, and boi was I thrilled!.

But deep down I could just feel like it wasn't going to be possible because I'm just me.

And stuff like that don't normally happened to me.

You can call it being pessimistic but I like to call it being realistic. I am a realist. I am okay with that.