Chapter 16: Accept it

The other day I officially broke.

Yes.
You read right.

I broke.

So I've been dealing with a lot I guess.

Its like everyone is against me. Following what I want to do.

Sigh.

Let me elaborate.

So my grandmother  (Fathers mother) called me saying that I should apply to the Westbourne University here.

I did what I always do. I agreed.

Because that's what good girls do.

They respect their elders and follow what they say even though sometimes they don't agree with it.

Its been like that all my life.

I never voiced my opinion on something that bothers me or is going affect me in the long run

And it didn't just start like that oh no.

It was when I started avoiding calls.

My father called and I just knew what he wanted to talk about because let's just say he rarely calls unless its something.

But I know he cares for me greatly.

So I turned  off my phone for a couples days. And locked myself in the house.

I haven't been eating and I haven't really been myself.

And of course my grandmother doesn't notice that I'm not myself because she doesn't know me.

I'm starting to wonder if anyone truly does you know?.

So I turned on my phone the following and boi was there a lot of miss calls and voicemails and all that I just didn't want to listen to or call back.

I I just wanted to forget everything for a moment, forget my responsibilities, forget the expectations that people keep building sky high.

I just forget everything.

But life isn't a fairy tale.

This is the real world and I am very aware that.

Later on in the afternoon my phone started ringing.

It was my father.

I watched the phone ring until I can use it again.

And again and again until I was ssick of getting interrupted.

"Hello".

"Tory, I've been trying to call you an do I haven't been getting through, what's wrong with your phone?!"

Honestly he felt quite irritated with me. The first he's ever used that tone it felt awful.

"I.. Uh it was off"

I can't lie to my father. It's something discovered when I was much smaller. But I won't get into that now. I know I blabber a lot.

He went on to say that my grandmother has been trying to get in touch with me and blah blah blah.

To which my mind just kept screaming!

FCK this FCK this I don't wanna hear this FCK!.

The call abruptly came to a ahalt and I realize his call service must have finished since he's using a prepaid phone.

I didn't even bother to call back. I didn't want to talk after all.